Beginners and Beyond

2013 Disney Marathon FE Thread (Read 381 times)

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, I am out.  Christian has a trail race that day that I forgot about.

D, they have a vegetable risotto there. 

You're out no matter what?  What if my husband has to work?  Who's going to entertain me????????????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

You're out no matter what?  What if my husband has to work?  Who's going to entertain me????????????

If I can make back up plans to get Christian to his race.  Of course, Mira might not appreciate me going without her.  She was all about taking pictures at a major race - she had been scoping out spots when we were there and practicing night shots, etc.  I imagine now that someone has given her a camera where there actually is a good chance she'd get decent pictures there, she might be insufferable if I left her home.  In any case, we'll see, but I can't make guaruntees.

Docket_Rocket

If I can make back up plans to get Christian to his race.  Of course, Mira might not appreciate me going without her.  She was all about taking pictures at a major race - she had been scoping out spots when we were there and practicing night shots, etc.  I imagine now that someone has given her a camera where there actually is a good chance she'd get decent pictures there, she might be insufferable if I left her home.  In any case, we'll see, but I can't make guaruntees.

Well, if DH ends up having to work, I will check and see whether the room has double beds (2).  Then, we would all be set, no?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ms Chenandler Bong

Finally found time to come over here! 

Damaris - What I am, chopped liver??!!  You're going to use me in an attempt to PR but think that I'm not entertaining?  That hurts. 

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Docket_Rocket

Finally found time to come over here! 

Damaris - What I am, chopped liver??!!  You're going to use me in an attempt to PR but think that I'm not entertaining?  That hurts. 

I meant entertain me during the day.  Aren't you going with your whole family?

Anyway, this is an exercise in futility, because DH is more excited about going than me.  The other day, he was: sigh, no more trips.  We have DIsney soon, I said.  He brightened up like a kid at Christmas.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ms Chenandler Bong

Just my hubby, not the whole family.  But we have a stupid condo presentation to go to on Saturday after the half.  So, no entertaining for me.  We'd be happy to get to know you and your hubby after that though.  We have no plans other then the FE.

Docket_Rocket

Just my hubby, not the whole family.  But we have a stupid condo presentation to go to on Saturday after the half.  So, no entertaining for me.  We'd be happy to get to know you and your hubby after that though.  We have no plans other then the FE.

I'll try.  You must not know my husband if you think he'll be up for socializing, LOL.  Text me when you get out of the thing and I'll let you know where I am.  Most likely at a shopping mall somewhere.  We are planning on going to eat the best mofongo outside of Puerto Rico, so I'll let you know when we head there for lunch in case you want to join us.  Just act surprised that we went there at the same time, LOL.

You are renting a car, no?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Mira would certainly keep you entertained.  But she would also harass you endlessly with her camera and possibly hug you.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Any one still out there.  Hope the FE is still on schedule, and hope that all have a good week or 2 before entering taper.

Ms Chenandler Bong

I'm still hear!1  I'll be there for sure. 

I have my last long run this week.  But I woke up after my HM yesterday with a sore foot.  I rested today and will tomorrow.  We'll see how it feels for Wednesday.  LR is scheduled for Thursday.  I'm confident that I can run the Goofy even if I started tapering now without any problem.  Can't believe that we're 24 days away from leaving!!!

Docket_Rocket

I'm here now.  Was looking for a kitty for hours.

I will FE but I'm still not sure about the dinner.

Mary, what are you dressed up at for the HM?  I finally got my outfit together.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You Rang?

I'm here now.  Was looking for a kitty for hours.

I will FE but I'm still not sure about the dinner.

Mary, what are you dressed up at for the HM?  I finally got my outfit together.

I'm here too.  

Docket:  have you found your cat?

My 10 year old daughter told me that she wanted to run a race while we were at Disney World.  I asked her if she thought she could run a mile, and she said that she could.  I've signed her up for the Saturday running of the Mickey Mile kid race.  Later she said that she was going to skip the race (travel the race course in a skipping motion, not avoid or not participate in the race).  The kid's race is the same day as the FE, and my daughter is going to the FE.  So if you see a kid wearing some bling at the FE, that would be my child! 

I have no idea what I'm going to wear to WDW.  I've been thinking more about what I'm going to wear to the Disneyland Half in September in Anaheim.  I'm thinking dressing as Aladdin.  I should reach goal weight by then.  I shouldn't be that offensive to be seen in such a skimpy top.  And the Diz Half is a hot weather race, so I'm thinking the less the better.  I am going to wear shoes.

Now all I've got to do is find somebody who can make baggy pants and a skimpy vest out of tech fabric.  The fun starts in 25 days.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

I cannot see you picture.  Maybe it's my browser?

I did find my kitty.  Well, Rubio escaped and found my kitty.  We were joking he would be able to do that, so as soon as I opened the door, he escaped and went next door and sat by Sammy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

You Rang?

I cannot see you picture.  Maybe it's my browser?

No its not your browser.  It's my inability to post a photo to this board.  There's an expression that fits me.  It is something about an old dog and new tricks.  It's posting now here in California on my computer using Safari.  I hope you can see it too.

Speakings of dogs, I'm happy to hear that you got your cat back.  I've got a dog that  is like your cat.  She is a Jack Russel Terrier that loves to run out the open front door in hopes we will give chase and drag her sorry tail back into the house.  To the dog, this is a game.  To me, this is a less than pleasant cardio workout of unknown duration.  

My wife tried a different approach to this problem.  Since this dog is so play motivated, when she bolted out the door, my wife did not give chase.  The dog just sat on the sidewalk staring back in the house for a few minutes, waiting for play time.  Three minutes later, the dog walked right back into the house.

I'm not recommending that you try this with you cat.  Cats and dogs are different.  

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

She had always wanted to escape. She broke the screen patio twice this year.

Damaris

Fundraising Page