Beginners and Beyond

Neck gaiters that don't fog up glasses (Read 67 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Well LRB's fedora is a fashion accessory too, but I bet he doesn't wear it while running. Glasses are nothing but trouble in any athletic endeavor.

And +1 on Smartwool, don't even get me started on their socks.

I need more Smartwool socks ... you know, if anyone was trying to decide what to send me for Christmas.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Well LRB's fedora is a fashion accessory too, but I bet he doesn't wear it while running. Glasses are nothing but trouble in any athletic endeavor.

I have a friend who must wear sunglasses when she runs, something to do with the wind and her eyes drying out.  I have never tried to wear any but do not need to.

I need more Smartwool socks ... you know, if anyone was trying to decide what to send me for Christmas.

Ha, they are on my list too, I even saved the package from the last ones I bought, so DW would know exactly which ones to buy.

Dave

Hip Redux

And +1 on Smartwool, don't even get me started on their socks.

Maybe LRB SHOULD wear his fedora running.  Talk about fly!  

Really - the only time it sucks is swimming, and even then I have prescription goggles (or better yet, don't swim lol).  99% of the time I am wearing sunglasses anyway so it's really not a big deal.    Well, except for this fogging up crap in winter.

I have an entire drawer of smartwool socks, a gaiter, leggings, a few baselayers,a hat, and multiple pairs gloves.... I'm like a smartwool rep. lol

LRB

Maybe LRB SHOULD wear his fedora running.  Talk about fly!  

I did that dressed as Clark Kent one year.  And yes, I was fly as ****!

Vision that's bad enough that Lasik would get them less than half corrected .  I like my glasses, and I have a special running pair that clips together in the back and has transition lenses.  They're shaped for "activity" and made by RecSpecs, so the sweat doesn't really flow down them.

Basically I'm just severely nearsighted with significant astigmatism.  There are some hard contacts (RGPs) that I can wear, but they didn't completely deal with the astigmatism...and they were nightmarishly uncomfortable!

I have nothing to add, other than I love my Smartwool gaiter. Except for when I have it over my face for a while, then pull it down for a while because I am getting too warm, then when I go to pull it back up again the thing is frozen solid from breath condensation & sweat, and I have to wait till the heat from my face melts it before it can keep me warm. Repeat numerous times throughout the run.

And I wear contacts, I can't imagine how people can ever run in glasses. Not even thinking about the fogging, mostly just about the sweating. Oski - thought about Lasik?

What kind of vision do you have that is too bad for contacts?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek