Beginners and Beyond

A question on long runs... (Read 138 times)

Goorun

Thanks Birdwell.

The two races are a week apart, so I might do both. Smile

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Bin Running

3. There is a reason for strides before LRs, but since you are swapping days, I would skip strides and do slow recovery 6 miler.

Sorry jack for asking in this thread.. Is it mentioned in the book why he's putting strides before LR? I am using his plan but tend to move things around a bit.. I just see that I have a 8M w/ 5 x100 after a LR now..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Goo: Birdwell is correct, it is the second one. I heard the same things he did. I'm not concerned too much about it being a cluster. It is a small race so in a way I kind of expect somewhat poor organization. It is uphill but it is gradual. DW and I love Zion and thought it would be fun to run it, so we'll see.

Bin: I don't have the book so. Goo, Fuzzy, or D2 would be the ones to ask. My thought is that doing strides would get your legs loose and ready for a long run, or something like that.

Goorun

Goo: Birdwell is correct, it is the second one. I heard the same things he did. I'm not concerned too much about it being a cluster. It is a small race so in a way I kind of expect somewhat poor organization. It is uphill but it is gradual. DW and I love Zion and thought it would be fun to run it, so we'll see.

Bin: I don't have the book so. Goo, Fuzzy, or D2 would be the ones to ask. My thought is that doing strides would get your legs loose and ready for a long run, or something like that.

Very good. A+ Wink JK

...shake up the rut from slower running, get legs turnover up, improve running form...it all make LRs easier.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Bin Running

Thanks guys for the tip on strides.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar