Beginners and Beyond

Would you run a race with someone else's bib? (Read 113 times)

Did you send them an email?

Spectators reporting rules violations? What, is this golf?

Dave

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I would probably not do it, unless the Race Director told me it was okay.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Jess runs for bacon

Spectators reporting rules violations? What, is this golf?

Funny you should say that, a friend of mine is one of those rule enforcer dudes for the USGA.

Oddly today I find myself with a bib for a race I can't run that is sold out, and I don't think I could even give it away.

MothAudio

In almost 40 years of racing history I'm sure I have but don't recall the details. Would I do it now? Probably not.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

onemile

Yes, but probably not at max effort. If I'm going to kill myself, I want credit for it.

pcolajen

kind of a big deal

i'd do it. i never place anyway, so it's not like i'd be stealing anyone's thunder.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

The results associated with this number have been DQed.

Funny this thread popped up.  While perusing the Chicago results to goof on B-Plus, I stumbled upon this.  The winner of the 15-19 yr old age group was Brianna Eaton from Annapolis in a blazing 2:42:00.  First place, nice job for a young girl.  Here is a picture of her from Marathon photo.

This is why running with false bibs is not good.  Clearly messed up the AG awards.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~