Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins.. But I felt like it is a Monday.. hmm (Read 187 times)

Bin Running

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)ClownClownClown

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Somehow, I felt like it is a Monday today.. Just weird.. Maybe it's becos the world didn't end or the tearing off of the last page on 2012 calendar messing up my bio clock.. Tongue

Did a relax 3M with 4 x100 strides..  Loosen up for my 1.5M test tmr.. Hope it don't rain and get cancel again..

Hope to better my 10:35 timing the last time..

How's every ThursMonday?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin it's only Wednesday. I wish it was Thursday! I think the new year def is messing with your head.  I hope you have a clear day so you can run you intervals!

it's a rest day for me! I actually thought about getting up and heading into the gym this morning but forgot to set my alarm! Guess I needed the extra hour odd sleep!

Have a good day everyone

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thought you were only one day ahead, Bin?

Happy Wednesday Peeps. !!!

Bin Running

Ya.. it is indeed only Wednesday... what a blooper.. haaa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Ya.. it is indeed only Wednesday... what a blooper.. haaa

It seemed like wishful thinking! Wink

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Philliefan33

Bin, you had me worried!  I thought I forgot to go to work on Wednesday.

QOTD:  how much weight did you gain in December, and do you want to lose any weight in 2013?

I gained two pounds over the holidays. I'm going to lose 5 lbs to get solidly under 140.   (I occasionally dipped under 140 last year...I want to make that my new normal).

Today's 5 miles are done.  I REALLY should be getting ready for work right now.  I'm going to a hot yoga class tonight.  I'll be back after work for personals.  Or maybe my lunch break... Bin don't tease m about it being Thursday! It's only Wednesday but it feels like a Monday.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

I saw Thursday and almost panicked. I had to check the calendar on my phone. My race is  a week from Sunday and I was thinking "holy crap." My breathing literally changed because of the stress. I am planning on ditching my run today. My legs feel dead and my left hammy has felt tight for a while. I rolled it yesterday and it felt good, but this morning it feels like the knot is back.

Bin- Good luck on the test tomorrow.

Kristi- enjoy the rest.

Jerry- good morning buddy.

Phillie- i got on the scale. It is one of those fancy talking ones. Anyways it told me, "one at a time please!!!" Not really, but I am sure I don't really want to be on it. I told DW I will eat better after my race.

Make today great,

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Today's 5 miles are done.  I REALLY should be getting ready for work right now.  I'm going to a hot yoga class tonight.  I'll be back after work for personals.  Or maybe my lunch break... Bin don't tease m about it being Thursday! It's only Wednesday but it feels like a Monday.

Sorry I missed you. Work- what is that. We are on vacation until Monday Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It does feel like a Monday, bah!

5 recovery miles and the weights I didn't do last night.  Work and off early to get my allergy shot.  Last week I didn't feel so hot after it; wish me luck.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Rest day #5.Trying to figure out if it would be ok to try to go on a littlw run tomorrow. Knee still hurts going up and down stairs. I ordered a foam roller online, and have a few stretches for the IT Band, and the myrl exercises I plan on trying after work.

Have a good "Monednesday"!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jen2011

Thanks for getting us started this morning, Bin, even though you scared the heck out of me.  I go back to work on Thursday and I wasn't counting on that being today - lol.

Kristi, enjoy the RD!

Jerry, hope you have a good Wednesday too!

Philliefan, I maintained over the holidays, but I want to get back on the losing track.  I've lost 50 pounds since October 2011, and I've got about 30 more to go.  I'd like to lose 15 by my next half in March, and then be at my goal weight by my July half.

Great job on the early 5, Steph!  Enjoy the yoga tonight!

Tomas, hope the RD helps your legs and hammy.

Damaris, great job on the 5 and weights.  Hope the allergy shot goes better today!

Kristin, hope the exercises help and that you can get a run in tomorrow.

AFM, I'm planning on about 3 miles later today.  It's my last day off work, but my brain is already stressing about going back.  I woke up in the middle of the night worrying about things at work and couldn't go back to sleep.  Hopefully the run will help with the stress.

Have a great day Penguins!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning Pengs!! My internet connection at home crapped out so I have been reading but not posting much.   Happy New Year!!!  I did 5 on the TM last  night and have been playing with doubles of 3 which are fun.   I'm on call today so we'll see what I have time for tonight.

Have a great one!

Liz

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Bin - Thanks for a good laugh to start my day.  Good luck with the 1.5 m test.

Kristi - Sleep is an important part of training.  Way to get it done :-)

Jerry - Howdy!

Phillie - I have a few pounds to lose myself, but I'm not as close to my goal as you are.

Steph - Enjoy the hot yoga, and congrats on the early miles.  Early miles get harder and harder for me as it gets deeper into the winter.

T-Rod - Missing one run is worth it if it keeps you off of the sideline.  Dead legs is also a pretty good sign that it's time for a day off.

Docket - I hope the shot goes better this time.

Kristin - Having just gone through a knee related layoff, I hope you're back to 100% soon.

AFM - I have my first short quality workout in preparation for my spring HM.  I keep freaking out about how short some of my scheduled runs are, and then I remember that I've go 12 weeks until the race.  I've also got cross training now to worry about, and I'm going to be dropping another 20 pounds between now and the race.  Also, my weekly mileage is still just short of 40 miles.  So, I'm really freaking out about nothing.

Tonight I have 3.5-4 miles of running 4 minutes hard, then 3 minutes easy.   I think it will be more fun than hard.  I've put in way too many easy pace miles lately, and look forward to changing it up.  I am also adding my long run back in this week starting with 10 miles.  It feels good being at 40 mpw with a 10 mile long run 12 weeks out from a HM.  I've already decided that I'll take a full 7 days off after the HM, and then start a new base building phase for my first full in November.  I'll actually map out the entire 7 months leading up to it as a training plan with a very gradual base building phase that includes cutback weeks and the occasional race just for fun.  When I started training seriously I had this marathon in mind.  I've pushed it back an entire year.  Now, I owe it to myself to make the most of it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013