Beginners and Beyond

Can someone help me with terminology? (Read 178 times)

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

There used to be a sticky on RWOL but I wasn't ready to understand which paces were which when I first started and I went back and couldn't find it.

What is the definition of a tempo run? 

As I understand it, your long run should be easy pace so you should be able to converse.

What is the run called where you are working hard but not terribly uncomfortable - probably can't chat but aren't running hard/hard.

Is the run called where you're running really hard an interval?  shorter distances etc.

How long are your moderate runs, usually?  I guess percentage wise of your long run.

thanks!  There are some really great posts on the running forums and I'm feeling really learny.    

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I hate to post a link back to RW, but I think this is what you want.

Of even more usefulness is the link there to late Jim2's website now copied to hillrunner's site, which also has tons of good info.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

George!  Thank you!  That is what I was looking for.

I have it saved to my web space if you don't want to go over to RWOL:  http://thelearnedfoot.goellnitz.org/other/jargon.html

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Oh, great - thanks Jenny!

xor

Speaking of.  There were some really good threads on RWOL.  They aren't going anywhere (except for the ones they accidentally nuked).

A really motivated person might collect them into a "Best of RWOL" post here as a set of links.  Then everyone can find them.

I do not happen to be so motivated.

Oh, great - thanks Jenny!

You're welcome.  I think the one on Jim's site got truncated, plus this one has the internal hyperlinks.  Otherwise, I do of course recommend visiting Jim's site!

Docket_Rocket

I have it saved to my web space if you don't want to go over to RWOL:  http://thelearnedfoot.goellnitz.org/other/jargon.html

I'm going to copy paste it into a thread and maybe have it stickied.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page