Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Coming At You Live! (Read 27 times)

Philliefan33

Cherie, that's really good!  You shouldn't fret about not being able to carry a tune--you have other artistic talents.

I call dibs for being on Cherie's team when the Penguins play Pictionary!

I did a comfortable five miles after work today. I was tempted to go farther but I took the Colony's advice to heart--the foot felt fine. I did a good stretching routine afterwards and I roll out my calves before bed.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Checking in quick....been so busy today.

Didn't run this morning but will go to the gym tonight after work for some elliptical/treadmill/strengthening. My new shoes came in....was hoping to race in them this weekend but in the spirit of "not trying anything new on race day" and the way my ITB has been acting up this week, sadly, not going to be debuting them.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

New kicks. Mizuno Wave Elixir 8. The pink didn't come out as bright in the pic but they are BRIGHT PINK!!! Arrived yesterday. I am in LOVE. Now just hoping they work well for me. They are less supportive than my Wave Inspires, so they are for racing mostly.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Kristin: how about calf sleeves? Just for kicks and giggles I might wear my green ones for my 5k. I was at the LRS today with DD to get her some new kicks (she likes Asics) and they had a very cool pair of calf sleeves that were purple tye dye. It was tempting but I don't need three pairs.

Bin Running

Cherie, that's some painting. Very nice.

Kristin, nice shoes! I wore elixirs for racing and inspires for training too.  You'll be fine.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm a little late to the part, but I had a good run today.  It was over 9 miles of fartleks for me.  I was feeling really good, and felt like I could use a quality run, but didn't feel like a structured run.  So, I just had some fun with it.

If the weather is like this for that 10K, I might just shoot for something crazy.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Tomas - recovery day?  What's your next goal?  Glad to see you back.

I have a trail 25k (15.5 miles) this weekend. Will be a running family reunion. Older sis doing a 50k. Her husband 25k (flying from north Carolina).  Lil sis flying from Va, maybe the 25k but probably 10k. Lil bro- 10k. My wife 10k. My son 1 mile. Sunday my daughter is getting baptized.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

hog4life

Cherie, I love that painting!

Kristin, women get all the cool colors.

I'd like to get some calf sleeves some day.

GinnyinPA

Tomas - wow, that's an incredible running family.  I hope the race goes well for everybody.

Kristin - very bright shoes.  Too bad you didn't have time to break them in before the race; they might help with your constant injuries.

Awood - I love doing fartleks.  Long before I was a runner, I would sometimes do some running sprints while hiking, just for fun. I've had a couple of runs where I felt easy enough to really play, but not many.

Cherie - you really are a good artist.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Of course you need 3 pairs Smile I have 3 pairs!!

Kristin: how about calf sleeves? Just for kicks and giggles I might wear my green ones for my 5k. I was at the LRS today with DD to get her some new kicks (she likes Asics) and they had a very cool pair of calf sleeves that were purple tye dye. It was tempting but I don't need three pairs.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Got the gym workout in. Kept it super easy....just wanted to make sure my legs worked after 2 rest days. 2.5 on elliptical and 1.5 on the TM. Then I did a lot of stretching.  My ITB felt fine....finally.... Now the real test is will it hold up to a double race weekend?!

Zelanie

Cherie- Love the painting!  I'm picturing the runner off on the side of the hill enjoying a view before heading back down again!

Good luck to this weekend's racers!

Got my run in.  The Thurs. eve runs with the the group are their social run, nothing fast, but I often "accidentally" run too fast.  Tonight I ran 3 miles warmup and then the 4 with the club, and the 4 with the club were too fast, as usual.  But it was a good time!

Also, I think I'm going to be in the paper!  They're doing a section on local runners for the half marathon, and I think I will be one of the "new runners" they feature.  They sent a photograher out to the social run tonight, and then I have a phone interview tomorrow.  Yikes!