Beginners and Beyond

SunDaily Penguins "Keep It Spoice" !!!! (Read 23 times)

Zelanie

Hello, penguins!  The great thaw has begun here.  The temps are above freezing, but there is a lot of snow and ice that needs to melt.  It's been a good couple of days, actually.  We spend the last two evenings at different neighbors' houses, so it's been kind of a block party weekend.

Today we ventured out a bit.  DD had robotics, plus we were out of fresh food and stir crazy.  The main roads are fine, everything else is a mess.  We got stuck twice but nothing too serious.  There are a bunch of tree limbs down, and lots of people without power.  We're OK since our neighborhood has underground cables.  Schools are still closed tomorrow.  I posted in the other dailies- I'm thinking of moving this weekend's long run to tomorrow because I'll have the time, but that would put it only 2 days after this week's LR.  Pfitz recommends no less than 4 days between LRs, but he's thinking marathon-training LRs, whereas what I'm running would be closer to "medium-long" by his standards I think.

Kristin- That's great that she is awake and remembers your cousin.  I am sure that other memories will come back with time.  Best wishes for her surgery, too.

Jerry- Nice run!

PAD- Glad you had a good race!  Hopefully this evening I will get a chance to enjoy some RRs.

D- Enjoy the workout.  That sucks about DH's tire, glad he's getting a new one.

Mitch- We've been snowed in for days, and still haven't gotten around to cleaning the garage here either!

Ginny- I forget, do you have a foam roller?  I definitely need to roll often if I don't want to be stiff all the time!

Jack- Congrats to DD!

Jimmy- Sounds like a good RD!

Cheri- Hugs.  You've had a lot to deal with lately.

GinnyinPA

Z - I do have a foam roller, but it doesn't seem to help all that much.  I'm glad you're getting some warmth to get rid of the snow.  As pretty as it is when it's fresh, it's best when it doesn't stick around long.  Enjoy your run tomorrow.

I ended up running 4 easy on the TM this afternoon. DH and I are both dealing with bad cabin fever.  I knew the running would help more than the bike, and sure enough it did.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cherie - this has been a hard winter for your friends.  I'm sorry.  It's nice that you had a good run first.

Jack - congratulations to your daughter.

Jerry - good job on the 7.2.  Did you lose count of your laps?

Jimmy - your legs should be tired.  Enjoy the rest day.

It's snowing.  Again.  AAAARRRGGGHHH!

Ginny, we don't count laps.  Usually my HRM is close to a mile for every 100 calories.  And I know the pace should be in the mid 10's.  Today, my calories were 800, but it translated to a faster pace that we are capable of.  For some reason, my HR was high today, possibly because we had to pass the walkers at a faster pace to make way for a bunch of faster runners.  I probably should just target an elapsed time @10:30 pace.  Or, maybe I should get one of the new pedometers that measures miles.

Actually, having the faster runners around really helps to relieve the boredom.  We can't run side by side,on the crowded track, so DW and myself alternate leading each lap to also help with the boredom.

Hope you get over Cabin Fever.