Beginners and Beyond

Shout it out WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Any attempts at having fun today will be met with an enthusiastic FUCK YEAH!

LRB

'Sup team!

Day 3 of no running for me but I should probably try to do some sort of resistance training.  I will see if this coffee motivates me to do anything between now and the time I have to leave.

In the meantime, the You Tube link my main man D2 posted yesterday has a stream of Looney Tunes that I am going to check out.  What can I say, it's the little boy in me. 

delicate flower

What do it go!  Happy Wednesday, IMO!  Anyway, enough about me.  So last night I did 7 "easy" miles on the flat rail trail.  I say "easy" because it started out that way, and got progressively more tiring as the 94 degree heat and humidity started wearing me down, and a steady 15 mph headwind the first three 3.5 miles certainly didn't help.  I call that my Summer Trifecta of Suck (heat, humidity, and wind).  But I don't need to explain all that because most of you are running in the same conditions right now.  But yeah.  A few more degrees and I'm going to have to take that running indoors (booooooo!).  Today promises to be hot again, but the humidity is going to break so it'll be more bearable.  Speaking of bears, I did not see one yesterday.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6-7 miles tonight.  I have court, meetings, court, court, meetings, etc.  I will be glad when the day is over.

LRB, why are you not running?

Phil, humidity sucks.  Nice job.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Took two days off after our 1/2 Iron on Sunday to rest and catch up on chores/family stuff.

Back to training tonight with a 6 mile tempo run.

We have a 1/2 marathon on Aug 10th with our son. 2 sprint tris in August and our next full

on Sept 14th.

That 2 days of rest sure felt great! Smile

Enjoy your day all.

happylily

Good morning!

Today is my Hanson's rest day, but I may run 3 at recovery. I'm trying to keep mileage as high as possible, since there is no speedwork in the first few weeks of the plan and I feel like I'm slacking off. Also some core later on. Nothing big.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Yo. Rest day today. Anxiously awaiting report of Baboon's mileage tonight, because with anything >9.5 he passes me up in YTD mileage. Hurray.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning all, I didn't hear my 3 AM alarm go off but luckily I had another set for 4:15 AM so I made it out for what was planned as an 8 miler but ended up being 8.3 miles. It was pretty sore, I ran yesterday's 3 miler too fast in the first 2 miles but damn it... I was trying to avoid all the slower people who assumed I would be slow with a stroller  - if only we could do our group runs on the greenway where there is no traffic. I think I am going to ask the group's FB admin about setting up pace groups so it's not all hectic during the first mile or so.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Reps at the track tonight.

LRB

LRB, why are you not running?

I am having fun, fuck yeah!  

Docket_Rocket

Well, wheb you put it that way....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

No running means more time spent with us. That's why you're having fun, right? 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

No running means more time spent with us. That's why you're having fun, right? 

Yeah because when he is running, he hardly spends any time on the forums.

In any case I believe this was a previously announced self-imposed week off prior to starting MT.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Glorious 60* this morning - felt fabulous! And the national weather service says next week should be cooler than usual temps - maybe not great for those who like to spend July at the pool, but for me as a runner, and for all the people who will be showing livestock at the county fair next week, you couldn't ask for a better forecast.

10.13 miles this morning at easy pace. I had forgotten how quickly Pfitz demands double-digit midweek runs. Perhaps that was the reason I left him for a while to create my own training plans.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Yo. Rest day today. Anxiously awaiting report of Baboon's mileage tonight, because with anything >9.5 he passes me up in YTD mileage. Hurray.

YES.  Though 9.5 is unlikely.  My plan is to do my 8.3 mile route, then tack on some extra if I feel good.  Usually though once I get back to the car, I am too damn lazy to continue on.  I have only closed the gap on you because you got injured.  I'd rather you were a couple hundred miles up on me and running healthy.

<3