Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Get in where you fit in (Read 48 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey everyone,

Just a flyby for me - 3 yesterday and 4.25 today w/ 5 x 400 @ 5k pace. That was my first legit speed work since high school track. Time to shower and eat.

LRB

Apparently it was replaced with a military jet engine.

lol  I need to go skiing!

Nice workout Legs, I love it that everyone is trying their hands at the faster stuff!

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.  True!

Apparently it was replaced with a military jet engine.

I did my 4 X 800m and I wanted to die during them. Fortunately, no asthma attack, but I had to adjust at least 20sec/per interval to be able to do them.  I am sure it is well adjusted for weather but I came out feeling I suck at these for the second time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Training for two marathons four months apart proved too much for my feeble skeleton to handle, one though and I can kick some ass.  It is an adjustment, but I am not down on it.  I am really good at focusing on a singular goal, I plan to kill it, then get back to the fast stuff and right soon!

New York actually intrigues me as a destination marathon (more so than Boston for whatever reason), what is like?

Only interested in qualifying for NY here...Boston really isn't on my radar

I was awful today!  I had my heart set on a crazy workout, but I just didn't have it in me.  Do any of you know if it's bad to spend time on a roller before a workout?  I used my Orb ball for like 30 minutes before the run on my hamstrings, and there was just nothing in my legs.  There were a bunch of other factors that would have made it a tough run, but that was the only thing that was really a change for me.  Here's the quality portion I did make it through:

Tried for 2x800m (5k pace), 1600m (10k pace)...as many as I could handle. Failed miserably.

2x800 2:45.3, 2:48.8  Rests were 200s

1600 5:46.7              Rest was 400

Gave up here

1x800 2:46.7 1x400 1:23.

Live and learn I guess!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Will run for scenery.

Walked 3 mi at lunch.

Ran 3 mi after work.  Legs/bod felt good, toes pretty sore.  Had a Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA afterwards, which helped.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

If anyone needs a place to stay for New York Marathon  I have a comfy futon! I live directly across the  Verrazano Bridge on the Brooklyn side from the starting line! I will also be there cheering at I believe mile 3 as you run right through my neighborhood!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I'll be there taking revenge on the course!

If anyone needs a place to stay for New York Marathon  I have a comfy futon! I live directly across the  Verrazano Bridge on the Brooklyn side from the starting line! I will also be there cheering at I believe mile 3 as you run right through my neighborhood!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page