Beginners and Beyond

This just breaks my heart (Read 104 times)

LRB

Tongue firmly planted in cheek of course...

The 6.1 magnitude earthquake that rocked Napa County early this morning was the strongest the San Francisco Bay Area has felt since the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989.

And despite some reported injuries and property damage, it looks as if a disproportionate number of victims were the premium wines for which the region is famous.

Local beers, perhaps more robust than your average Zinfandel, were just fine. “Earthquake just 20 miles East!” read an Instagram post from Moylan’s Brewing Company in Novato, Calif. “Not one beer can fell from the rafters!”

But don’t you fret, oenophiles—in just a couple of years you’ll be sipping a vintage 2014 earthquake Cabernet Sauvignon. What? OK, I guess that’s already a thing:

There’s nothing finer to drink when you’re hiding underneath a desk.

happylily

Tragic! Does that mean that the price of those delicious Californian wines will be even higher north of the border? Say it ain't so! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

A whole lot of good times smashed to smithereens.   Let's have a moment of silence for the wine.

Life is good.

LRB

Tragic! Does that mean that the price of those delicious Californian wines will be even higher north of the border? Say it ain't so! 

I hope but no industry really needs a reason to raise prices anymore unlike how it was back in the day.

Nowadays they just do the shit because they feel like it!

LRB

Let's have a moment of silence for the wine.

And a drink of it while we are at it, for all the bottles that did not make it.  Smile

B-Plus

LRB would be trying to lick that off the ground 

Little Blue

A whole lot of good times smashed to smithereens.   Let's have a moment of silence for the wine.

I heard on NPR of one winery that lost a bunch of historic wines.  Their current vintage had all been bottled, so the casks were empty.  But they had a collection of their historic wines, which cannot be replaced.  Rather sad.

Love the Half

As long as the beer's still good......

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good thing I prefer Australian wines.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very sad.

Damaris