Beginners and Beyond

Attire etiquette for trail race (Read 114 times)

B-Plus

Hey, I signed up for a mountain trail race. Do I need to get a pair of basketball shorts for this thing? I don't think I noticed anyone wearing short shorts in any of the pics I've seen.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Banana hammock + mizunos - Done.

Dont even need a number - they will know which one you are...

delicate flower

You need a beard, a CamelBak, and a six pack of PBR for after the race.

<3

Nope. Takehttp://www.adn.com/article/20140704/strabel-defends-mount-marathon-title-fall-and-all-0 a look. Lots of pics after the first one showing what people wear.

but consider skeeters, thorns, cow parsnip, poison Ivy, temperatures, wind, etc when considering what to wear.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Dreadlocks, kale chips held in a dandelion-stem bandolier, a hemp loincloth, and Vibram 5-Fingers.

Birdwell

You need a beard, a CamelBak, chia seeds, and a six pack of PBR for after the race.

this.

StepbyStep-SH

A goatee and gaitors.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

Make sure it doesn't match and you have mud on your shoes and you're all set.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I taught you well! 

Running is dumb.

StepbyStep-SH

Blood stains optional? (Not from bloody nips, though)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

B-Plus

I like the idea of the banana hammock, but I don't have the ability to grow a full beard.

That's more like it AK, but I don't think I'll be going topless.

MothAudio

^^ This. Just plan on getting dirty.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

See avatar (I think they're a 5" inseam).  Those are probably my longest shorts.

**Ask me about streaking**

B-Plus

See avatar (I think they're a 5" inseam).  Those are probably my longest shorts.

I decided to go with my longest shorts - 4.5 inseam.