Beginners and Beyond

Thursday is my Friday Penguins! (Read 29 times)

From the Internet.

Morning everyone!

Hi Jimmy! Good to know you're still alive! And bingo_jenn too!

Obie hope the kitty feels better soon!

5.7 with 5x800 at the track with my club. Thought it would be nice out, 61 when I left my house but 100% humidity, sprinkled a bit but no real rain. I got lost in thought on the way home and ended up running a hill that I'd planned to walk, was over before I knew it and I didn't kill my legs sprinting to the top (the agony ends faster that way) like I usually tend to do. I guess the key to running hills is totally ignoring the hills :P

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  Quartet rehearsal was lovely last night, although I was STARVING when I got home -- I've been hungry all week.  So there was a little snackage before bedtime and then I was hungry again this morning when I woke up.  Chorus rehearsal tonight!!  The most comical part about all this is when I'm singing the same song in chorus and in quartet, but they always have slight differences.  I have trouble remembering which is which!

jblack -- woo-hoo for your run, and good luck with the yard sale!!

scotty -- good for you for getting the weights done, and have a good run this afternoon!!

Docket -- have a good 7 tonight!!

Jenn -- welcome back!!  So sorry to hear about your grandma, though!

Phillie -- enjoy the yoga this evening!!

PAD -- at least your four are done!!  

obie -- oh no!!!  Keep us posted on the kitty, ok?  Oh wait, he's doing better.  Good news!!

Zelanie -- enjoy your Thriday, and happy early anniversary!!

Brilliant -- woo-hoo for your something!!

Lauren -- sometimes it's the mental stuff that screws us up!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

I'm so excited!  I didn't feel like running this morning but instead I went out and KILLED a tempo run!

Lauren - I love it when that happens - lost in thought and forget that I had planned walk breaks because I'm in the zone. Smile

HopesMom - thanks for the woohoo, now I feel like I earned it.  Smile  Are you a professional musician or are you talking about church or school choir or ??

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm a Sweet Adeline.  It's women's 4-part a cappella barbershop, and it's a blast!!  I do sing with two church choirs as well, but they're a lot easier!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

6.4 miles, 8:46 pace, or something. The rest of the day is up in the air. I'm sure we will go to Costco or Target.

Have fun.

Bin Running

Hi guys.

6M before dinner. Met up some ex-colleagues for drinks and back in bed now. Posted a little on my last weekend race on yday pens thread. Might be a little too late for some to see.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jenn!  Welcome back!  Are you still up in the DC area?

So sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Good luck with the 7 miles tonight, Damaris, hope your lungs, asthma, etc., is all behaving for you.  Wishing you a safe travel day and good luck in Chicago.

Happy yoga-ing, Phillie!  Gail is planning on doing her yoga class tonite too...she does that hot yoga...90 minutes in a 105-degree room, yikes!

Yeah, PAD, I think we bypassed Spring all together this year in Texas and went right to summer.

Poor kitty, hope it is doing well and will be 100 percent in no time, obiebyke.

Happy anniversary, Zelanie!  Safe drive and enjoy the coast.

Scotty - I'm glad the heat broke for you (92??? not really a break but if you want to tell yourself that!)   Well, Brilliant, the 'feels like' temp will be 99 degrees...but the humidity will only be 50% and the dewpoint will only be 68, so not too bad, nice 'dry heat' air...Damaris would kill to get conditions like that in Miami.     Way to get your tempo run in!

Congrats on your run, Lauren, and way to kill the hill!

HsM, quit being hungry all the time!  You're not eating for two, are you?    Eat lots of health 'bulk' food (raw baby carrots, green pepper, stuff like that), will make you feel fuller but you won't pack the calories on either.  I keep a small bag of baby carrots at work to snack on when I get the munchies here.

Jack, how did your 'alone' day go for you yesterday?  Hope you had an enjoyable time.

What time is it, anyway, in Sinapore Bin?  What's the time difference between there and Texas time (we are on Central Standard Time, it is 12:30 PM  Thursday now as I type this)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM, quit being hungry all the time!  You're not eating for two, are you?    Eat lots of health 'bulk' food (raw baby carrots, green pepper, stuff like that), will make you feel fuller but you won't pack the calories on either.  I keep a small bag of baby carrots at work to snack on when I get the munchies here.

I said I was hungry, not that I was indulging! 

Docket_Rocket

I said I was hungry, not that I was indulging! 

WHY?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bingo_jenn

Scotty - Yeah, I'm here!  I moved from DC proper to Arlington last fall and I love my new apartment.  My kitties love the new sunlight.  Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

WHY?

Because I was too busy either singing or sleeping!!  Once I get to work, I'm too lazy to go scout out a convenience store or vending machine, so I'm stuck with whatever DH packs me.

hog4life

Jenn, nice to "see" you back on the forum.

Bin, your double crazy challenge sounded hard. I would totally do a challenge like that, maybe next year will be better. On the Inspire 10's, when I first tried them on, couldn't believe how good they felt. Mostly because the toe box was a bit wider, and that's what I need without going to a wide width. I normally wear Brooks, have used Adrenalines, Ravenna, Trance, Glycerin, but have also had Nike Structure. This Mizuno may take the place of my ole faithful Brooks, but I'll need a little more time with this first pair. They are a little bit lighter than the Brooks too, so that's a plus.

I did 8.5 with Bella, and the new Mizuno Inspire 10's. My R foot went numb at 3.5 miles, so it was a good point to stop for Bella. I loosened up the laces quite a bit, and that did the trick. Bella is soooo smart, I just can't believe some of the stuff she does. Keep in mind, it's getting really hot for all of us, so I take precautions for Bella. I generally stop very 2.5-3.5 miles for her, and always take extra water, and I try to run on the right hand side of road so she can take the grass. I keep her leash in my R hand, so if I run facing traffic, the leash pulls across my body, and that's too awkward. She has this funny way of telling me that she's had enough. At the beginning of the runs, she always pulls a little from excitement. As the first few miles go by, she settles to being just in front of me, yet not really pulling. Then, above the 5-6 range she start's jumping at me a little and trying to lick my hand(just finishing the 2nd stop). Once we get started from the 2nd stop, usually getting into the 5-7 range, she will be lagging behind a little and bumps into me, like she's cutting me off. So today, at the 8.25 mile mark, after 2 breaks, she's taken about 14 oz of water, she hits the grass and plants her feet, like ain't going nowhere till I'm ready! By now she is panting heavily, so we just walk 1/4 mile more to the house.

Docket_Rocket

Because I was too busy either singing or sleeping!!  Once I get to work, I'm too lazy to go scout out a convenience store or vending machine, so I'm stuck with whatever DH packs me.

Well, he does cook sweet things for you....

URD.  Worked long hours today, no time to run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Scotty abt 12 hrs apart.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar