Beginners and Beyond

Fall race training weigh-in (Read 111 times)

Why not 100-miler?

Good point, he does like his long runs.

Dave

B-Plus

Good point, he does like his long runs.

He'd better learn to "eat shit up" on the run.

LRB

He'd better learn to "eat shit up" on the run.

There is nothing about the number 100 that appeals to me except dollar bills.  lol

MI_Tim

LRB, I think there's a half in Monroe in November.

Docket_Rocket

Take a look around, we are not immune.  It takes incredible discipline for me to maintain my weight, if I slack off for even two or three weeks or God forbid a month, BLOOF!  lol

Read her post again. You guys don't have to deal with hormones and menopause.  Lucky bastards, like I said!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Read her post again.

I was not to speaking to menopause (obviously) but to her comment of metabolism or slowing metabolism as it were, something we all have to deal with as we age.

That said, there is no debate (and I am not) that women have it worse.

happylily

103.8 lbs this morning, about 2 lbs more than usual marathon day race weight. But I had a week of overindulgence after the marathon last Sunday, so that is why. 103,8 lbs means absolutely nothing to me, except that I'm about 10 lbs overweight in the legs and butt, and 8 lbs underweight in the upper body. Hooray for the freaks! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

If Lily is overweight I am about to explode.... 

I am now 1lbs off than what I was the day before Chicago, so I've lost 1lbs in 2 weeks which, as you know, it's a fucking miracle.  I am being sent for another blood test to see before more treatment.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I was not to speaking to menopause (obviously) but to her comment of metabolism or slowing metabolism as it were, something we all have to deal with as we age.

That said, there is no debate (and I am not) that women have it worse.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Don't know if this is right or not. 114 before my run, 109.5 after 12m.

B-Plus

Weighed in at 136 this morning. Will report back after a week off lol.

B-Plus

Weighed in at 136 this morning. Will report back after a week off lol.

Docket_Rocket

I actually lose weight while not running.  I am minus 1 this week.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I will keep it short and sweet; them pop tarts have caught up with my ass.  BAROOFABLOOF! 

B-Plus

I actually lose weight while not running.  I am minus 1 this week.

Hmmm. Maybe because you only race marathons so you end up eating every poptart in sight? 

I plan to gain a bit more over the next week or two while I slowly get back at it.