Beginners and Beyond

Swing Low, Sweet SUNDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Luke79

4.2 @ 10:25.  Easy run day.

Robert, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

Dave, have a great run.

Tom, have fun doing whatever you do.

Phil, amazing job having done shoulders and the elliptical already. Good luck to DW!

Damaris, smoking 12.20! Now, I want to try Hokas.

Rick, terrific 12.55.

outoftheblue, enjoy your eighteen-miler. I hope that DH and your dog remain safe.

(((((((B-Plus))))))) Feel well soon.

Luke, fantastic 4.25.

That was uncomfortable. 14.0 miles in 2:14:22. 9:36 pace. Around mile six, I began to feel tired. At points, I wanted to vomit. Pride wouldn't let me stop. After I finished, I noticed that I had a sunburn on my face, neck, hands, forearms, and lower legs and that my clothes and Camelbak had salt stains. (I applied SPF15 before leaving the house!)

LRB

That sounds tough B.  Hopefully you are eating enough to support your training.  As for the sun, well, that thing ain't going nowhere.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I had a bad race. Didn't even PR - was 6 minutes over. I am so disappointed.

Luke79

Sorry April.  Just keep in mind, that was merely a setback.  You'll do better next time.  Keep your head up buddy, and watch this great video to feel better.

I won't make a whole thread about this, but isn't this great?  Just the wonderful essence of running and having a good time doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGqsuQXooBs&feature=player_embedded

Docket_Rocket

Very sorry about the DNS.  Feel better!

Good morning runners!

Congrats Beth!

Nice run LRB!

I'm DNSing my race today. I had to make this decision yesterday morning because the race requires an overnighter. I was so sick yesterday I can't even describe it. Today will be all about trying to get food in my body to get some energy back. I don't know if I'll run today ... Probably not.

Good luck racers!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  Tough run.

Robert, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

Dave, have a great run.

Tom, have fun doing whatever you do.

Phil, amazing job having done shoulders and the elliptical already. Good luck to DW!

Damaris, smoking 12.20! Now, I want to try Hokas.

Rick, terrific 12.55.

outoftheblue, enjoy your eighteen-miler. I hope that DH and your dog remain safe.

(((((((B-Plus))))))) Feel well soon.

Luke, fantastic 4.25.

That was uncomfortable. 14.0 miles in 2:14:22. 9:36 pace. Around mile six, I began to feel tired. At points, I wanted to vomit. Pride wouldn't let me stop. After I finished, I noticed that I had a sunburn on my face, neck, hands, forearms, and lower legs and that my clothes and Camelbak had salt stains. (I applied SPF15 before leaving the house!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Don't be!  From our conversation, sounds like you are getting sick so this does not show how hard you have worked for it.  Chin up!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rick, I'm not eating more or less than usual. And I've run fourteen miles comfortably before. This morning left me asking, "WTFH?" I think that I'll start taking two or three gels with me on my long runs now.

(((((((AprilRunner))))))) Take care of yourself.

After returning hope, I took an S!Cap, hopped into the shower to wash off the iciness, ate two Chobanis (strawberry and peach, FYI), and crashed for two hours. I feel OK now. In a few minutes, I'll leave for the gym. I still need to do weights. Ab work, too, but I can do that before bed.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rick, I'm not eating more or less than usual. And I've run fourteen miles comfortably before. This morning left me asking, "WTFH?" I think that I'll start taking two or three gels with me on my long runs now.

(((((((AprilRunner))))))) Take care of yourself.

After returning hope, I took an S!Cap, hopped into the shower to wash off the iciness, ate two Chobanis (strawberry and peach, FYI), and crashed for two hours. I feel OK now. In a few minutes, I'll leave for the gym. I still need to do weights. Ab work, too, but I can do that before bed.

You are a machine!  Make sure you take care of yourself while you are working to get more healthy Wink

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Give it some time to marinate in what happened, it may change your perspective.  Then again, it may not.

Basya, you may recall I was having hunger issues on runs of 10 miles and longer a while back.  Well, those issues have gone away.  There was an adjustment period and apparently, I have adjusted well.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks, guys. It just sucks. This was my spring goal race and I bombed it. I thought a PR was in the bag, especially considering my current PR is this same course from a year ago.

I don't even have a redemption race scheduled. The only race I'm registered for is the marathon and (I know it's mostly emotions talking) I don't even know if I want to do it anymore.

The first 4 miles were great - right on goal pace. Mile 5 I got goosebumps (in mid 50s and sun with no wind) and just started feeling like hell. The goosebumps didn't go away until I finished the race. I wanted to DNF so bad, and I've never felt that way before. I don't know if I'm getting sick but something went horribly wrong today and that makes me sad.

B-Plus

I'm so sorry Basya and April. I hope I'm not spreading my illness over the Internet.

April - I know you feel shitty right now. It's so difficult when we pour so many hours and miles into one race and come up short. There are numerous things that could explain what happened, sometimes it's as simple as an off day. I hope you can figure it out and shrug it off in the next few days. Then it's time for a short break and time to start marathon training. You will be able to draw from the experience of these crappy races when you get a similar feeling in the future. You'll remember how badly it sucked and will persevere. Feel better and don't be so hard on yourself.

LRB

Thanks, guys. It just sucks. This was my spring goal race and I bombed it. I thought a PR was in the bag, especially considering my current PR is this same course from a year ago.

I don't even have a redemption race scheduled. The only race I'm registered for is the marathon and (I know it's mostly emotions talking) I don't even know if I want to do it anymore.

The first 4 miles were great - right on goal pace. Mile 5 I got goosebumps (in mid 50s and sun with no wind) and just started feeling like hell. The goosebumps didn't go away until I finished the race. I wanted to DNF so bad, and I've never felt that way before. I don't know if I'm getting sick but something went horribly wrong today and that makes me sad.

You are already thinking it through, that is a good start.  Keep at it.

Jess runs for bacon

Sad I think the heat may have triggered something for you, you looked great when I saw you. I'll bet you a beer that if you don't sign up for another half, you'll get a half PR at Via while running the full.