Beginners and Beyond

Cyber Monday Penguins love to shop online! (Read 340 times)

TxDiverMom

I'll be doing 5-6 easy here shortly.  i haven't shopped yet today, but I really want a zip half Brooks Nightlife that Runningwarehouse has on sale.  I really really want the Nike Element one (it fits me better), but it's almost $20 more...not on sale...sniff.  I hardly have anything long sleeved and I freeze when it's dark.  I guess I should just bite the bullet and get the one I want.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

YO!  I think I found the right place.  Its going to take some time to get used to the look but so far so good.

4 miles on the dreadmill tonight.  

LATER!

Bin Running

Felt so much like home.. Smile

Ran 6M with intention as recovery but didn't run on Sunday.. So no need to recovery.. Just good old easy pace..

Jimmy, There is not need to type out personal on notepad and paste here.. forum dun eat post here.. ** I used to do that and all the word just lump together**

Damaris, congrats!

Hope'smom, glad you found us..

Happy Cyber Monday.. Hope you guys/gals got something you always wanted..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

I lost my wedding band some 17 -18 years ago while at work. It is against policy to wear them, so I had put it into my pocket, and during the day I was putting and removing stuff from my pocket, come time to go home, it was gone. I have another one, but refuse to wear it for fear of losing yet another, so I have a tattoo on my finger to symbolize it. I shouldn't lose this one.
          Bin Running

I lost my wedding band some 17 -18 years ago while at work. It is against policy to wear them, so I had put it into my pocket, and during the day I was putting and removing stuff from my pocket, come time to go home, it was gone. I have another one, but refuse to wear it for fear of losing yet another, so I have a tattoo on my finger to symbolize it. I shouldn't lose this one.

Good thinking.. Mitch..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Yay - I feel like we're mostly all here!  If Kara decides to come back, awesome, and same for Scottydog.

A thought - everybody needs to remember that personals are totally optional!    I hate that some people feel bad that they can't get to them and I think it prevents some people from posting.  They're fun to do if you have time and are on an actual computer and not a phone but nobody should ever feel bad about checking in and not having time to write personals.  Just sayin'. Smile   Makes me sad that it may prevent people from sticking around.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Mitch - love the tattoo idea!!  My mom lost her wedding ring when I was a little kid and I was blamed for flushing it down the toilet for about 20 years.  I have 5 siblings and it was family lore - how Liz flushed mom's wedding ring while she was in the shower.  Then my parents  were moving and we upacked a random old crate of photos and found her ring!! I hadn't flushed it after all - I demanded restitution for the years of torment and guilt !LOL

hog4life

Mitch - love the tattoo idea!!  My mom lost her wedding ring when I was a little kid and I was blamed for flushing it down the toilet for about 20 years.  I have 5 siblings and it was family lore - how Liz flushed mom's wedding ring while she was in the shower.  Then my parents  were moving and we upacked a random old crate of photos and found her ring!! I hadn't flushed it after all - I demanded restitution for the years of torment and guilt !LOL

Liz, That is aweful to be blamed like that. I can't believe your siblings would do that!

Mmmmm...beer

I agree Liz, a lot of times I can't get to the personals, but I still want to say hi, just how it goes sometimes.  No need for anyone to feel bad about it, and definitely no need to not come around because of it, we appreciate seeing everyone, even if it's just a quick visit. Smile

Finally finished backfilling my log, glad that's done.  I absolutely love the log here, I'm never leaving!  Just realized I'm gonna hit 1,000 miles this week, holy crap!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

hog4life

I agree Liz, a lot of times I can't get to the personals, but I still want to say hi, just how it goes sometimes.  No need for anyone to feel bad about it, and definitely no need to not come around because of it, we appreciate seeing everyone, even if it's just a quick visit. Smile

Finally finished backfilling my log, glad that's done.  I absolutely love the log here, I'm never leaving!  Just realized I'm gonna hit 1,000 miles this week, holy crap!!!

1000 miles in a week? Holy shit! 

Mmmmm...beer

1000 miles in a week? Holy shit! 

Sure, 143 miles a day, piece of cake. Smile lol 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

A Man On The Run!

Glad I found the Penguin home away from home!  Just wanted to check in and say Hi to everyone over ehere on the new forums.

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

Jen2011

Glad to see almost everyone here today!  I just finished 45 minutes on the stationary bike.  Should probably take a rest day tomorrow, but running would actually work better in my schedule tomorrow than on Wednesday, so we'll see.

Jack, my LR yesterday was 13 miles.  I have my first HM in two weeks.

Glad you found your ring, Hopesmom!  DH lost his wedding band earlier this year.  He lost so much weight from running that it slipped off and he didn't even realize it.  It's probably out in the yard somewhere, but we've never been able to find it.

Sorry I don't have time for any more personals tonight.  Time to go pay bills.  Woohoo!

Have a great night everyone!!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yay - I feel like we're mostly all here!  If Kara decides to come back, awesome, and same for Scottydog.

A thought - everybody needs to remember that personals are totally optional!    I hate that some people feel bad that they can't get to them and I think it prevents some people from posting.  They're fun to do if you have time and are on an actual computer and not a phone but nobody should ever feel bad about checking in and not having time to write personals.  Just sayin'. Smile   Makes me sad that it may prevent people from sticking around.

Thanks for the comment Liz.  I do kind of feel bad about personals and wish I had more time (and energy) to do them.   I 'm lucky just to read the posts, much less respond to them.  So, I guess I will stick around, and maybe even post another "Runner in Tights" picture.  Smile

amandasmiles

Super slow 3.1 tonight. But as a new runner, it was my first experience finishing a three mile run and thinking it was truly easy, regardless of pace. Awesome.