Beginners and Beyond

Lost In Time With The Thursday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

Docket_Rocket

D, there was an article about fibroid surgery in yesterday's WSJ.  Don't know if it applies to you, but you might want to check it out.

Ooh, I'll check, thanks.

Trixie went into surgery at 2:45pm.  No call yet.  Nervous wreck reporting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

7 random miles in above freezing temps. Stayed on the streets that have bike lanes, so it was very comfortable.  A little slow since I used the leg machines yesterday.  Not a great idea according to Galloway.   Had my beer and now time for a quick nap.  Happy weekend  !!!!

Docket_Rocket

I decided upon a rest day.  Trying to nip this cold in the bud.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Here is an example why I never plan my routes beforehand. A 13 mile run without ever getting more than 1 mile from my house.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/396954553

Hope you never become a race director, Dan.   

tracilynn

Hope you never become a race director, Dan.   

HAHA. funny.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Well, I got up a little earlier than usual and went out for 2 miles. It was kind of muggy out tonight.

Jimmy, the code is "HappyHolidays14". I registered last night. I thought the email said it would be $10 off, but it was only $5.

Traci, yuck at all the sickness. I sure hope you guys all get better before next week. Are you a member of HTC? I'm going to sign up.

Cherie, I now know why everyone feels lazy after the big races. RR will be this weekend. Did you go back to see the pics?

Damaris, it's 6:30 pm here, 7:30 for you, how's Trixie? Any word yet? Or maybe I missed it.

LRB

LRB, hello. I can't run long on TM.. bore me out.. Tongue

The alternative is knee deep snow so I had to get an attitude adjustment!  lol

Good luck on your first 5k OFS!

Congrats on the ab sighting Traci!  I need to be sick!  lol

Ginny, it is really easy (physically) for me to run on that stupid thing, running outside is what wears me out, but I love it!

Hope your knee feels better Cherie!

Hello Jerry, Dan, Pad, Stone, Scott T, Jimmy, Jack & Obie!

Have a good evening everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Well, I got up a little earlier than usual and went out for 2 miles. It was kind of muggy out tonight.

Jimmy, the code is "HappyHolidays14". I registered last night. I thought the email said it would be $10 off, but it was only $5.

Traci, yuck at all the sickness. I sure hope you guys all get better before next week. Are you a member of HTC? I'm going to sign up.

Cherie, I now know why everyone feels lazy after the big races. RR will be this weekend. Did you go back to see the pics?

Damaris, it's 6:30 pm here, 7:30 for you, how's Trixie? Any word yet? Or maybe I missed it.

Oops. Sorry.  I updated the dailies only.  She got through the biopsy OK.  We will go see her later today.  Hoping to take her home tomorrow and hope we get not bad results on Monday.  Thanks!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I take a phone in winter or on long runs because, having dealt with serious injury, I worry about having another issue when I'm far from home.  If it's 25 outside, I don't want to be walking home, and if I'm seriously hurt, I don't want to have to  walk 6 miles back.

Cherie - it's hard to do other training when you'd rather be running.  I go through periods where I can do the recumbent bike a few days a week, and other times where I am utterly uninterested in any cross training.  I didn't want to do it, but I did manage to get on the bike for 12 miles this afternoon.

Damaris - I'm glad Trixie got through the biopsy all right.  Hope the results are better than you expect.  I hope your cold is better tomorrow.

Jerry - hurray on the seven.