Beginners and Beyond

Super Spiffy Saturday Penguins (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 miles on the Northwestern lakefront.   Nojo today, so only 4 slow miles.  53% dew point made it nice anyway.

Nice deal Mickey.  Awood, another reason to hate the cable company.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I will PM or FB message you about FE! I will be in both Miami and the Keys lol so humid here I come!

Let me know if you can FE!  Northern Florida (and even Central and West Florida) are not as bad as Miami and the Keys.  August is our worse month so be mindful of that but you might start to see the mid 80s of September. Joking

Let's plan!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

Will someone send me a plane ticket to Miami or the keys? I wanna go too.

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wish I could afford to!

Will someone send me a plane ticket to Miami or the keys? I wanna go too.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

Damaris- are you vegan or vegetarian?  I have questions for you. I've been reading "becoming vegan" what about you Lauren, are you vegan?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

I am not a vegan and I was a vegetarian since April of last year until not long ago.  Lately, since my asthma has been better, I have make some exceptions for post marathons and I have eaten fish.  So, I am not technically a vegetarian any more but I have eaten vegetarian all week so I am back at it.

I have not read that book, but being vegan for me at this point in time would be hard.  I eat out a lot due to work (I cannot bring lunch to court), so eating vegan in Miami, FL, is next to impossible (unless you cook most of your meals).  It is hard enough being a vegetarian here since they put meat in everything from rice, soups, to even sauces.  Like the vegetarian fajitas at my favorite Mexican place.  Yes, they are vegetarian.  Oops, the marinade has chicken stock.  Fail!

Maybe one day I will become vegan.  When I move out of here!

Fire questions ahead!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Yeah totally understand!  I thought you were vegan and wondered how in the hell you do that with the miles and workouts you do. I don't really want to be vegan just interested in learning about the health benefits. I do want to eliminate red meat and dairy and decrease meats overall.  I kinda already have.  I still eat greek yogurt and frozen yogurt and cheese so Im not dairy free yet. I dont drink any cows milk just almond milk.  do you eat eggs?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

I eat eggs and cheese.  Don't eat much yogurt but I have it on my diet whenever I want to.  I use almond milk unless I have no choice.  I never liked milk anyway, so it was easy to let go.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Did 8.5 miles early this morning, great way to start the day!

Carb loaded for my long run tomorrow with some Fluffernutters!  Big grin

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

From the Internet.

Damaris- are you vegan or vegetarian?  I have questions for you. I've been reading "becoming vegan" what about you Lauren, are you vegan?

I spent 4.5 years as a vegan (through college - started eating meat again in 2009), I'm a regular old omnivore now. Became too hard to keep it up with grad school/kid/picky husband who only really likes meat and cheese. I never noticed a difference on or off dairy so I guess I'm not sensitive to lactose and I feel more satiated with animal-based foods in my diet, so that's where I'm at now. It definitely made me a better cook and much more conscious of what I eat.

SheCan

Cherie, our problem is that the humidity is so high before 7am it is somewhat detrimental.  It felt worse to run in 88F and 75DP than it feels in 96F and 70DP.  And I don't have the lifestyle to wake up at 2-3am (I woke up at 4:30am today and that was pushing it!)

Personally, I don't see how anybody does it.  Would take a lot of dedication.  That's probably why I'm in awe of somany of the runners on this site, and the things they do to keep running--- including you.

Kristin-- have fun on your foray into the deep humid south!   Okay, have fun meeting our Docket, and hope you survive the weather.

Went ahead and ran 2-1/2 miles and then went to Tombstone to sign up for a 10k in the morning.  I drove the course, and realized i'd forgotten just how huge some of those hills were.  It'll be fun though!  Take care all.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I will PM or FB message you about FE! I will be in both Miami and the Keys lol so humid here I come!

Be sure to take your best socks and shoes for a FE picture with D.

Docket_Rocket

Ooooh, a compression socks pic.  Got it!

Be sure to take your best socks and shoes for a FE picture with D.

Damaris

Fundraising Page