Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES brought to you by the letters T and M... (Read 36 times)

B-Plus

We have one theatre in the burbs that sells booze. I was talking to a friend about movie theatres yesterday, and I like his idea of having an intermission so I can take a piss, and of course people will buy more concession items. I guess the theatres have probably weighed this against cramming in as many movies as possible within a certain time frame.

Huh, I don't think any of the theaters around here sell alcohol (could be wrong).

It was/is standard practice to sneak in a little sumpin'.

outoftheblue

So much great running to cheer on today.

Congrats HobbitLegs on your HM!

Lily, your running never ceases to amaze me.   Glad you are hitting your paces!

Zel -- I'm going to go with Pfitz 18/55 for CIM, but I think it's a good fit for me, in that I need to force myself to do the speed work.    For your first marathon, I would focus on what makes sense for you and is enjoyable (at least somewhat enjoyable) and doable given your life-style.  I have no doubt you could run a marathon tomorrow and have a pretty good result, just with your HM training and natural ability.

I just got back from an 11 mile run.  We had a nice break in the weather and so I took advance to try to sneak in some extra outside miles.  It seems kind of weird to be just running what I feel like and not following a training program.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Russel's character was definitely a bit.... I wouldn't say demonic but at some points I was seriously thinking someone needed to shove him overboard. Nearing the end was a real tear jerker for me, but only because I am a mother. I think it was a little over dramatized compared to the bible version but if they had stuck to the bible version, I doubt anybody would have gone to seen it.

I am feeling surprisingly well after the fast 15.5 miles this morning Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats, Hobbit on breaking two hours on a tough course! Awesome, awesome running!

Jay - Sweet long run!

Lily - Crazy as always - great week/month/year so far!

Zelanie - If you just want a little more total mileage, add a 6th day of recovery to Pfitz 18/55 (it is just 5 days of running most weeks, right?), and maybe add a mile or two to the shortest run. I did that the times I followed his plan. With another 3-5 miles of recovery on the day after the long run, you can peak around 60.

DS did great at his tournament. This was his first time competing, and my emphasis was just that he get out there and try, be respectful and be responsible - following directions and paying attention for when it was his turn. He started out great - even after hurting his arm on the first point, he won all of his judo game matches and won the first place ribbon for his group of 4. Things didn't go as well when he presented his form and competed in board breaking, and there were tears, but homemade pizza and a brownie sundae, plus realizing how well he had done in the judo game, brought him around by the end of the day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Used to be the Emagine near us was the only one, I remember it was a big deal when they first opened. And when I do go, usually it's there. Maybe some others caught on?

Yes, Emagine was the first and it took a couple of years but now almost all of the major movie houses have it.

Free, you are right demonic was not a good word.  Obsessed to the 25th flippin' power maybe?

Jay, it was standard practice!

Nice running everyone!