Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Training Tips and Advice (Read 114 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I've always been the type to just "wing it" and I've made too many mistakes in the last 4 years with pushing myself and overdoing it, I just want to be cautious and avoid doing that this time. Smile It would probably be easier if I had a personal coach telling me what to do and assessing my condition but I don't 

It is great to have a coach to assess and knows what you should be feeling At certain times in the training.

One of the best things I am still learning is to trust the training.  Because you will at some point in time feel you are getting slower and having more blah runs. It is very easy to obsess and second guess.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

On the other hand I am learning to trust my body, as it knows what it's doing and then maybe pushing just a little more. Following it last year helped me kick ass with the half marathon distance and other smaller distances, so I am hoping that my body won't let me down this time..... Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good luck.

I find what my body tells me and what I hear are not at all in sync at times.  However, hindsight being 20/20 it always seems like "no shit, why didn't I see that?"

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

Good luck.

I find what my body tells me and what I hear are not at all in sync at times.  However, hindsight being 20/20 it always seems like "no shit, why didn't I see that?"

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)