Beginners and Beyond

Spring is 73 days away Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Andrew, have a relaxing an refreshing SRD.

Yugo18, awesome run+burpees.

Rick, bravo on the ten.

lilac_jive, great job on the four.

Oski, terrific three.

kristin10185, beautiful workout(s).

Marjorie, amazing 14.2.

Lily, sweet seventeen.

The TMs were occupied when I arrived. Weights, push-ups, abs, and sixty minutes on the AMT are done. Now, I have to figure out how to work a seventeen-miler into a weekday. ****

LRB

The TMs were occupied when I arrived.

Okay, that flippin' blows!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LRB: in reference to Sherlock- I would also suggest seeing the first one. Also, did you read the books or watch any of the old TV series or movies? If you are not familiar with the characters and stories AND didn't see the first one I could see the sequel being way over your head.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

LRB: in reference to Sherlock- I would also suggest seeing the first one. Also, did you read the books or watch any of the old TV series or movies? If you are not familiar with the characters and stories AND didn't see the first one I could see the sequel being way over your head.

There was a TV show back in the 70's that I watched so yes, I am/was familiar with the basic premise.  At the time it was popular as was the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys mini series who were also detective types.

As far as reading, I have severe ADD and did not read books for shit as a yute, so ixnay on any of that.  Not that I could not, I just abhorred it with all the power of Hercules!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Went to buy lunch and my ankle got tired so one more URD to make it as good as new.  So, the pacer bunny just passed me and I'm not happy.  I should get used to is because with the not running for 4 weeks is going to make my pacer bunny laugh at me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Today is my one year anniversary of ACL tear #2.  HOORAY TO ME!  So naturally I celebrated by going skiing.  MBC and I skied all weekend, actually.  My legs (and knee) are feeling it.  We skied a grand total of half a day last year before my injury, so we're really going on two years without skiing.  My ski legs need work.  We had a great weekend though.

<3

Zelanie

Ran 12 to successfully complete week 1 of my spring HM program.

I think the Sherlock that Yugo was talking about is the new TV version on BBC. We just watched it when we were house sitting last week, and are hooked. Not sure if I want to wait for season 3 to come to Netflix now.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice running, Zelanie! You're doing great out there.

Update - the rains are here, and the temperature is starting to drop. It hit just over 50 today, but we're already down in the mid 40s, with 18 expected by morning.

I'm prepared. A little low on beer, but I have scotch and whiskey. And Vodka. And Gin and vermouth. I'm ready.

Seriously, I tested the little propane heater and I have 5 or 6 small bottles for it if needed. Even on the low setting, it will keep pipes from freezing. Worst case scenario - power outage and I'll need to use it and the gas fireplace to keep warm. Best case scenario, I use the little bottles in my tabletop gas grill.

Stay warm, everybody!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I'm prepared. A little low on beer, but I have scotch and whiskey. And Vodka. And Gin and vermouth. I'm ready.

I'll say!