Beginners and Beyond

Hope you are all ready for Easter Sunday! (Read 67 times)

SheCan

Great race report, Jblack!   Your reports are always so nice.

I was so confused today about which thread to post to...and as I've mentioned before I'm slow.  I guess not just in running.  I did end up doing 9-1/2 today.  It certainly is a beautiful Easter day around here.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

JBJ: CA

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Staying at the inlaws for spring break, so no Internet for me (which can be nice sometimes), but we're at an aunts for the evening, so I figured I'd check in.

I've been getting some great runs in up here in the mountains.  The hills and altitude slow me down, but it's worth it for the scenery.  Closed out a very solid week with a double yesterday, 11.4 in the morning and 8.3 in the evening.  Could have set a weekly PR with a decent run today, but decided to not push it and took the day off instead.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

Cherie and Dave - nice mileage

Dave - where in the mountains are you?  Is there snow?

Mmmmm...beer

Ginny, I'm in the Blue Ridge Mtns in VA, there's still a lil bit of snow at higher elevations, but none where we are.  Temps are crazy, it was 24* for my morning run yesterday, and 63* for my evening run.  Nothing like running in tights/long sleeves and shorts/singlet in the same day. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Hello penguins!  Wedding festivities are over, and we are spending the night at my parents' house before heading back to Oregon tomorrow.  I've been getting my running done in the morning, and I have to say that running in the Southern California desert has been really nice.  It's still fairly cool in the mornings, and the view of the mountains against the blue sky is just magnificent.  Plus it's a dry heat with a bit of a breeze.

Either that, or all that treadmill running over the winter helped me stay ready to tackle the heat.  It was 84 by the time I got done yesterday, but that's because I got a late start.  This morning was in the 60's and just fabulous.

This might sound hokey, but I haven't been to a wedding since I lost weight.  I actually danced last night!  I'm still clumsy and uncoordinated, some things don't change, but for the first time I had the confidence to get out on the dance floor and have fun.  It was a totally different experience for me and I really liked it.

Big congrats to Jimmy and Bin!  You guys killed it!  I'm saving your RRs for later when I have time to really sit down and enjoy them (at least I saw Mitch and Jimmy's RRs, and I'm hoping Bin has posted one also).  And looking forward to some Scottydog pics too!  But for now I should get back to the family.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Congrats to Bin and Jimmy!

Congrats to Zelanie for nailing her March Goals!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!