Beginners and Beyond

________*2012in2012*________ _Week_49_Results/Awards_ (Read 148 times)

Week 49 results can be found at the blog:

2012in2012 - Week 49 Results and Awards

mucknort

Thanks for posting PeachY, but I really could'a used your nag list post on this board. I just ain't visiting RWOL much anymore and this was my first late post of the year. I'll say it's also connected to the fact that our team is out of the playoffs. I must say that this has been the one big let down in playing this game. If you're not on one of the top teams, the whole thing just ends before the end of the year. How bout next year considering something like having a loser's bracket. Maybe the bottom 6 teams start from scratch and compete against each other?

Thanks for posting PeachY, but I really could'a used your nag list post on this board. I just ain't visiting RWOL much anymore and this was my first late post of the year. I'll say it's also connected to the fact that our team is out of the playoffs. I must say that this has been the one big let down in playing this game. If you're not on one of the top teams, the whole thing just ends before the end of the year. How bout next year considering something like having a loser's bracket. Maybe the bottom 6 teams start from scratch and compete against each other?

We'll have to look into a losers bracket - maybe we can keep more folks interested thru to the end of the year. 

Docket_Rocket

I felt the same way as mucknort last year.  It was hard to motivate your team if you're not on the playoffs or the finals.  A loser bracket sounds like a great idea.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Weezer88

Smile In PeachY's defense, the game started in RWOL and that is where the Nag List was posted.

However, I do agree with a loser's bracket to keep more teams interested.

I AM WEEZER.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Losers bracket is awesome too. I forgot to post as well since I'm never lurking on Rwol anymore either!

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)