Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES on target (Read 58 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hey everyone!

Busy day today, up early to get to the Shamrock 8k, wife and oldest ran that one, then later our youngest ran the Leprechaun Dash.  Had a lot of fun.

Did 2.5 miles w/ strides after we got back home, 7:06/mile average pace.  Legs are strong and ready for tomorrow. Smile

Good luck!!! Smile

Kickboxing was good and I wasn't the only guy there!

just gt back from my "fast" 5 and felt great.

10:07

10:04

10:02

9:49

9:25

i have a 5k next week and would really like to be under 29:00. Last week of Hal Higdons 5k intermediate program.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

B-Plus

Thanks guys, I'll probably make a thread later once the results are official and hunting down some pics of me dying at the end.

lilac - I hope you work out your ITBS issues soon. Having been through that, I know it truly sucks!

D2 - Good luck tomorrow.

Sparker - Nice run with a fast finish.

I ran 5 miles @ 8:35 for a total of just under 10 for the day. Donc, je vais me reposer un peu, et puis j'irai au match de hockey ce soir.

Jess runs for bacon

You may not need them.  Lunarglides are designed to correct overpronation and high arches on their own, I am just one of those overly cautious people when it comes to running injuries!

I could tell. They seem perfect. my leg hurt all day just walking to see my friend run the 8k, it only started a few minutes into walking. Thrn I remembered I was walking at Disney and the same thing happened. I tried on a bunch at the store, but the LGs were immediately better. It feels like there is a bump on the outside that stops me from rolling outwards, if that makes sense.

I also tried a pair of Newtowns (the guy was curious). I forget which ones they were but it was their more supportive style. Really intriguing, those. I may try them in the future, but I could tell my gait would have changed drastically and that wouldn't end well. Felt like wearing a pair oh rocking chairs.

i don't want to let myself down, but I am really hoping things will go well tomorrow. Good luck to my fellow Shamrockers!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good luck, Jess! I hope hope hope it goes well for you tomorrow, a million times better than last Saturday. Fingers crossed that the new shoes are just what you need. Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Good luck, Jess! I hope hope hope it goes well for you tomorrow, a million times better than last Saturday. Fingers crossed that the new shoes are just what you need. Smile

Thanks Smile oh and I saw Bart yesterday, he said they got rid of the New Street hill for RW half, because "everyone bitched about that one," lol. He also showed me a yoga pose in his jeans.

Nevrgivup

Hey guys! Just dropped in to say hi. I did the biggest race of the year here today (over 7000 runners)  and did pretty well considering I've been sick for the past few days. It was a hilly 10k with the first 4 miles going up hill. I ended with a 52:08. I'm happy with it. Such a great party and great day to be a runner. Smile Hope all is well. I've been keeping busy and running well.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Luke79

Very cool Hil.  Boss time for a 10k.  Your pics were great btw, as always Smile

Nevrgivup

Very cool Hil.  Boss time for a 10k.  Your pics were great btw, as always Smile

Thanks Luke! It was a good time. I'm excited to see my times on a flatter course. The elevation gain was high 400's. It was a nice downhill toward the end, but the last mile had a bit of a bump to it. Tough tough course.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Luke79

Thanks Luke! It was a good time. I'm excited to see my times on a flatter course. The elevation gain was high 400's. It was a nice downhill toward the end, but the last mile had a bit of a bump to it. Tough tough course.

Makes that time even better.  Grats for sure.

Luke79

We've got some pretty similar numbers, don't we.... Smile

IKR, I bet we could be totally in the pocket together lol....but seriously!  Show me up buddy Smile