Beginners and Beyond

Running cautiously (Read 126 times)

Hello to all. I've been lurking here lately and enjoy reading all the running stuff. Good to see familiar peeps from that other site.

I had got up to 5 miles on the TM then took a week off for the holidays which led to two weeks then re-injured my neck which led to the nerve/shoulder/arm painAngry. Was able to do 2.5 miles mon. with no pain so hopefully will be slowly getting back to 5 miles. Also looking forward to the 5K races comming up in the spring. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the motivation....Wayne

happylily

Hi Wayne!

It's nice to have someone new with us. Please stick around, we promise to give you all the motivation you need. Good luck with your come back, have fun, but run safe!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

...Good to see familiar peeps from that other site

You obviously have been paying attention.

Welcome!

Docket_Rocket

Welcome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hope the body cooperates a little better this time!  Good luck getting ready for those spring races.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Love the Half

Welcome back.  Just be careful not to ramp it back up too quickly.  The general guideline is that it will take twice the time you missed to get back to where you were before you stopped.  I was out for six weeks at one point and sure enough, it took about three months before I felt completely back to normal.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

robinde

Hi Wayne,  I'm new here too and not from the other site.  Nice to meet you.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. LTH, I was also out for 6 weeks but never thought it would take twice as long to get where I was. I'll definitely take your advice especially with my injury. My two short runs this week really felt good, so glad I was able to, nice to get the blood flowing again,lol.