Beginners and Beyond

Shake your head TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had off for Veterans Day, so  I ran 8 miles in my favorite park in Brooklyn.  It is the park by my old apartment that has a HUGE piece of my "running heart" as it is the location if my first run ever and holds my current 5K PR, 10K PR my first and only age group placement, and my dad's 5K PR. Love running there when I can and it is stunning in the fall. Today was sunny and 60 (crazy for November) and I had a fantastic run. Expected my legs to be dead considering last week was my highest mileage week this year, and I ran 12 miles 2 days ago, but it was the opposite. Legs felt great!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Today was sunny and 60 (crazy for November) and I had a fantastic run.

It was pretty toasty here as well, I enjoyed it.  I would love to get my motorcycle out for a spin but have been too busy to replace the stupid battery which was only a year old but got killed by 6 weeks of minus zero temps last winter.

happylily

Had off for Veterans Day, so  I ran 8 miles in my favorite park in Brooklyn.  It is the park by my old apartment that has a HUGE piece of my "running heart" as it is the location if my first run ever and holds my current 5K PR, 10K PR my first and only age group placement, and my dad's 5K PR. Love running there when I can and it is stunning in the fall. Today was sunny and 60 (crazy for November) and I had a fantastic run. Expected my legs to be dead considering last week was my highest mileage week this year, and I ran 12 miles 2 days ago, but it was the opposite. Legs felt great!!

I can see why you love that park so much! Today, our temperature was similar to yours. Fall can be so wonderful...I'm glad you had such a good run!

B-Plus

You crack me up!  what the hell is he doing.  lol

Getting a tan and trying to be like you 

Cyberic

Beautiful weather at lunch time today. Had long sleeves, but could have went without.

6:00 W/U

4 x 2:30 Intervals w. 1:00 recovery  (~625 meters / interval)
              5:00 easy
              4 x 0:45 Repeats w. 2:15 recovery (~200 meters / rep)

5:15 C/D

Improvised a good speed work session in a 5 miles and change run. My 3 last reps were a little slow though. Could/should have pushed them a little more.

Docket_Rocket

Is that Moth?

I thought it was LTH.

No running for me.  I cannot breathe well again.  Fuck this shit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I thought it was LTH.

No running for me.  I cannot breathe well again.  Fuck this shit.

So sorry about that, D.  It seems worse than what you had in the past. :-(

I decided not to run after all. Mental block, or something like that. It seems so dark after work, now... I'll have to get used again to running when the sun is gone and the garage is cold and uninviting. It makes the whole "facing a wall" experience even drearier than it usually is... But I did do 20 minutes of stretching, 10 minutes of arm exercises and 52 push-ups. meh...

Docket_Rocket

Yes, this whole year has been fucked up asthma year, thanks to the pollen vortex (which is in its 11th month).  Now that the dewpoint has gone down to less than 70, I am hoping my lungs can heal from the constant attack.  If we get to the 60s, we might get to reduce the pollen and dust levels in the air.  Not getting my hopes up.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And just for clarification, it is not the asthma that is fucked up; it's my severe allergy to dust (i.e. air).  The air is full of pollen and other dust-like particles this year, so my throat and lungs are constantly closed up, which cause asthma attacks.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

... pollen vortex (which is in its 11th month). ...

11th month, and we're only in November. You should go for 12 and make this a perfectly screwed up year for you!