Beginners and Beyond

Coffee: what is your roast method of choice (Read 65 times)

I like coffee.

^This.  Well, I like half decent coffee.  The better the coffee the less cream and sugar I put in it.  I mostly use kcups because they are uber convenient.  I want to try cold brewing though, sounds easy, quick and tasty.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't roast. I buy 49th parallel.

49th parallel..it that Korean coffee?  Oh wait...that's 38th parallel...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

^This.  Well, I like half decent coffee.  The better the coffee the less cream and sugar I put in it.  I mostly use kcups because they are uber convenient.  I want to try cold brewing though, sounds easy, quick and tasty.

There's a coffee shop nearby that makes AWESOME coffee - like, it does not need to be touched by cream at all.   It's a thing of beauty.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

RunTomRun

Yes, Sweet Marias has a crapload of information including selling everything you would need to start roasting.  However, all the $$ is not required, there is a lot of information over there about DIY roasting set-ups. (like mine.)

Daves_Not_Here

Hmmm, it would be sweet to have that type of gear.

I have been going through the 8lb sample packs and found it is a great way to really experiment and experience different bean origins.

It is also amazing the different taste profiles that can come from each bean type with different roasts.

In general if you are a tickerer roasting is a ton of fun.  And as noted it can be gotten into for a very low cost. (or you can spend a lot).

B-Plus

49th parallel..it that Korean coffee?  Oh wait...that's 38th parallel...

Really great coffee roasted in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Also, there is a donut shop inside the cafe and they have a donut with bacon and maple. Weird Canadians, eh?

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

This.....

http://www.dunkinathome.com/dunkin-coffees/chocolate-glazed-donut-flavored-coffee

Plus this......

https://www.coffee-mate.com/Products/creme-brulee.aspx#879e6362-8f6e-40fe-b30c-c8505fb3fa23

is heavenly!!

Yep, it's foofee.  I don't like drinking paint remover.

Throw a donut in *with* the coffee & it's on.  

Randy

Also, there is a donut shop inside the cafe and they have a donut with bacon and maple.

Rogue made a beer inspired by a similarly-flavored Voodoo Doughnut.

mucknort

Self roasting is:

Easy

Relatively quick (20-30 min start to finish (including grind) for 1/2 lb)

Cheap! (cost me 0 for the equipment - less than $30 if I had to purchase)  (beans run around $5 or less a lb  vs.  $18 for local roast)

A friend of mine owns a roaster that is:

Easy

Really quick (5-10 minutes including grind)

Not cheap! ($160 on Amazon):http://www.amazon.com/FreshRoast-SR500-Automatic-Coffee-Roaster/dp/B0034D9ONO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400083681&sr=8-1&keywords=coffee+roaster

But the coffee is fantastic and raw beans are cheap!

B-Plus

Rogue made a beer inspired by a similarly-flavored Voodoo Doughnut.

Oh yeah, you're a beer guy. Do you ever get any Vancouver brews in your store? One of my favourites has a similar name to the coffee, Parallel 49, with my favourite being the Hopparazzi. Also, do you find it amusing when Canadians say, "2 beer" instead of beers? Or is it the other way around?