Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES are all right for running (Read 249 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Cool   WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!  Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies! (sorry, no dancing bananas)

Coffee's on!

Good luck to all the racers out there this weekend!

SRD for me today, but I might sneak out for a couple anyway, just to loosen up the legs a bit. I have plenty to do today, and I might actually consider doing some of it!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning Tom and everyone else!

Heading out soon to run with the group. Just an easy 5 this morning.

Happy running!

flarunner

Mornin' Chirrins!

12 mile long run this morning in beautiful 58* weather. Off to get groceries.

Don't forget to stretch, kids.

Good morning Tom, April, flarunner!

Snowflake 5K for me this morning. Getting in the car in just a few minutes. Will this be the race I finally do not PR? Hmmmmmm......

flarunner oh how I envy your 58!  Weather channel said 13 degrees when I woke up here. Booo!

StepbyStep-SH

Think I'm about to DNS a race for the second time in two months. I spent an hour in the middle of the night coughing and trying blow enough snot out of my head to actually be able to breathe, and one sinus cavity (I think) is so packed that it makes me feel like I have a tooth ache. I was really wanting to get 9 miles total in today, but I think I may go back to bed instead. If I'm feeling better later today, maybe I'll try a short, easy run or do some core work. Grumble, grumble, grumble,whine, whine, whine ... anyone have some cheese?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ball of Fury

Morning all!  58 sounds heavenly...it was 17 or something when I ran this morning!  4.5 miles @ 10:34...had on many layers and was still freezing my butt off!  Kind-of a sluggish, ho hum run, but it's done and I guess that's a good thing.  Hope everyone has a great day....I am working 12 hours but am off for 16!!!  days after today!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Caffeine is mandatory.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  11 miles done in 72F and 97% humidity.  The fact that I did them in 1:54 and had no asthma is a miracle.

Shari, hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Ugh, there isn't enough coffee in the world right now.  But that won't stop me from trying.

Hopefully some kettlebells later.

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy Saturday!

StepbyStep I am so sorry to hear Sad rest up and feel better!!

Good luck coderunner!

Nice runs everyone who got out there already!

I will take some coffee now too thanks Smile

Good news all around in my camp today. Went to yoga after work last night. The instructor always asks if anyone has any injuries, body parts bothering them, or something they particularly want to work on before every class. I told him about the IT band, and it turns out he is a runner too and I didn't know! There was only one person other than me in the class yesterday, so he was able to gear a lot of poses towards me and my IT issues so that was nice. Then I came home and my foam roller had arrived. Rolled it out last night and this morning. Wow it hurt but also felt good. Then, this morning it was finally time to try a little running (well, more like jogging, but I'll take what I can get). As it was recommended to me to avoid hills completely, I knew the perfect place was a very flat jogging path next to the water in the park by my apartment. I live in a hilly neighborhood, and there is only one way to get to the jogging path without encountering any hills, so I power walked that route there (almost a mile), then when I got to the path I started running really slow. I promised myself A) even if I felt fine I would keep it sloooow, B) even if it felt fine I would keep it short- between 1-2 miles, and C) if it hurt at ALL I would stop. Well I got just under 1.5 miles in just over 20 minutes, did .73 one direction and then turned around so I could walk back on the non-hill route (yeah, I could have probably walked faster! making myself run slow was hard because my fast is other people's slow haha) and the knee held up fine! Began to feel a little tightness at around a mile, but then it loosened up.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

It's 17 degrees out with a 10 windchill but there is a full sun, which running in can be so invigorating sometimes!

Even with temps in the teens, once you get going, it just feels right when that thing is beaming like it is.

I'm looking forward to a nice little trot here soon, just hoping not to buss dat ass on a slippery surface, so it'll probably a +9:00 average again.  I'm cool with that.

Just B.S.

Morning dailes!

StepbyStep, so sorry that crud is hanging on!

Ran 9 miles last night. 5 on sidewalks that were not plowed and rutted with footprint and ice. The road is too

busy and dangerous to run on for the 5 first miles. 4 more with sidewalks that were plowed but the first 5 were

quite a workout.

I"m so excited today!! Hubby and I started at the pool and it's been a long time but I realized that it comes back

easily and I didn't suck!! 1000 meters with drills. Lots of friend there so it was tons of fun.

Too bad it at 7am and we have to get up at 6am on a Saturday! Long run tomorrow and then back

to the pool on Monday.

Have a good day everyone and for those who are racing, good luck!

runmomto3boys

Tom: Good morning!  Enjoy the rest day or the miles, if they happen.

April: I hope the 5 go well.

Flarunner: 58 degrees?  Incredible weather!  Nice work on getting in a dozen miles already today.  I stretched yesterday and today - thanks for all of your help in that regard.  I owe you one!

Amik: Brrrr - that is some chilly weather!  Great job on the miles.  Ok, I know your marathon is coming up - how soon?  I can't remember which one you are running.  How are you feeling?

C0de: I put my $ on you PRing.  You've been doing that in race after race.  I can't wait to hear how it goes - good luck!!!!

Shari: Oh, man.  Just when it seemed like you were turning a corner, you get hit a little harder.  I hope you feel better soon.

Docket: Nice job knocking out the 11 miles in that humidity, so early this AM.  Well done!

Kristin: I'm so glad you are also making progress with your IT band business!  That is AWESOME news.  WOOT!

Beth: Great job on the 9 in pretty treacherous conditions and then on killing it during your swimming drills today!  Yes!!!!!

I ran 11 last night with no IT band pain and I rolled and stretched this AM and it feels the best that it has felt.  The fact that I've strung together 11, 7, 14 and 11 mile runs the last 4 days and that each run has gotten progressively better makes me happy.  I am unsure how I want to run this weekend: whether I want to run 2 MLRs or a shorter run today and a LR tomorrow.  I will probably make the call during my run today.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning again, Dailies!

Kay, I like your talking mug! What are these kettleballs? Do you mean weights or something from eastern Europe that tastes really good?

Shari, hope you feel better this afternoon. I had a touch of the scratchy throat this morning, remnants of a cold that just won't quite go away entirely.

5-digit Kristin, I'm glad that your yoga instructor had some time to work with you. Also glad you got your roller. I have one, but haven't really used it. I do, however, use the stick on my calves from time to time.

Since I felt like it, I went out for 3.5 easy miles this morning, 9:19 overall pace. The first mile a little slower, but the last 2.5 splits were within a second of one another. A nice wake-up run in the chilly 27 degree weather. Not really that cold if you dress properly, and I apparently did.

PS - Heidi, forgot to say, great run yesterday. I'm glad to see that you appear to have a handle on your pain issue.