Beginners and Beyond

In search of a fall half marathon (Read 73 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I've run that half course many times, basically train on it, and just PRd on it a few weeks ago, so I may be partial.  The race has IAAF Silver label, that shit has got to count for something.

On the other hand, I would be less inclined to recommend full marathon course at Toronto Waterfront, because the second half is messed up - it keeps changing every year due to construction, causing odd little out-and-backs - and rather dreary.

TO Toronto is actually on my short list for marathons so that would be a great scouting opportunity.  The course markings are not an issue because I race in such another world that I could run right past friends, family and every school teacher I have ever had and not see them.  lol

B-Plus

Dfp?

LRB

Dfp?

Having run the marathon twice, the half marathon course is a bit anticlimactic. Also the bridge, tunnel and freeway make it less than absolute PR friendly.

The biggest reason though is next year I want to start traveling for events, so I am looking at shorter distances in other parts of the year.  Mainly the mile. 

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

This race is just outside of your fall parameter, but otherwise looks pretty cool.  Perfect for an ADD type runner and share the holiday spirit.

http://www.santahustle.com/cedar-point/

You and thousands of Santa's prancing through the streets of Sandusky OH.  Only about a 2 hour drive and the dates should line up well with your training.  HO Ho ho.  Go get em Rudolph!!!!

B-Plus

Having run the marathon twice, the half marathon course is a bit anticlimactic. Also the bridge, tunnel and freeway make it less than absolute PR friendly.

The biggest reason though is next year I want to start traveling for events, so I am looking at shorter distances in other parts of the year.  Mainly the mile. 

Def check out STWM next year, either the half or full. Good chance I'll be there.

LRB

This race is just outside of your fall parameter, but otherwise looks pretty cool.  Perfect for an ADD type runner and share the holiday spirit.

http://www.santahustle.com/cedar-point/

You and thousands of Santa's prancing through the streets of Sandusky OH.  Only about a 2 hour drive and the dates should line up well with your training.  HO Ho ho.  Go get em Rudolph!!!!

Shit, I might run that next month.  lol

I see you BP.

Thanks SF.

so I am looking at shorter distances in other parts of the year.  Mainly the mile. 

If you want to drive for like 3.5 hours to run for 5 minutes, the Checkers AC Mueller Mile is in mid-August.  Pancake-flat road mile, very well organized, and 3 heats -- you get to watch the all-comers and "elite" women tear it up just prior to "elite" males.  Good party afterwards and for the past 2 years, the prize for running 70% AGP or better has been a really sweet Brooks NightLife half-zip.

Love the Half

If you want to drive for like 3.5 hours to run for 5 minutes, the Checkers AC Mueller Mile is in mid-August.  Pancake-flat road mile, very well organized, and 3 heats -- you get to watch the all-comers and "elite" women tear it up just prior to "elite" males.  Good party afterwards and for the past 2 years, the prize for running 70% AGP or better has been a really sweet Brooks NightLife half-zip.

Do I have to run in a Santa suit to get the half-zip?  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Do I have to run in a Santa suit to get the half-zip?  

If you want the onesie with feet, yes.  Tongue

Love the Half

If you want the onesie with feet, yes.  Tongue

I have a 4 year old.  There are enough PJ's with feet in my house thank you very much.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).