Beginners and Beyond

Runner's World Half RR - PR! Long, but a few pics (Read 105 times)

outoftheblue

Fantastic job and congrats on the 9 minute PR.   I love that running skirt -- you looked awesome out there!

Life is good.

delicate flower

w00t w00t!  Great job, Jess!  A big ol' PR plus you had a blast doing it.  Usually those nine minute PR's come with a lot of pain and discomfort (cramping aside).  Big grin

That's got to be cool to have a HM start just two miles from your house.  We have one in town but it's about five miles to the start...too far away to jog there for a warm up. 

<3

Jess runs for bacon

So cool.....you're just feet away from Summer Sanders in the group pic!!!  Big grin  Ya, she register as "hottie" in my book! Shy

Whenever I read about that festival, I always wanna go.  I have no reason to travel so far for such a thing but WTH.  Maybe I'll do it next year & go find Darryl Hall's house & jam a bit with him in his studio & eat/drink some of his good steer & stein. Cool

Sounds like you had a blast!!  Congrats!!

Where does Darryl Hall live? I know they just played around here but I didn't think he was local. It's seriously a blast, and there is a reason I live here. I didn't talk to Summer, but last year I got to talk to Shalane Flanagan.

Phil, its sad because I still drive, the route to get there is not a nice one. Hopefully by next year they will finish connecting the rail trails, it goes right to the start.

Awood, thanks, it is definitely encouraging me to keep focusing on training, clearly something paid off.

LRB, fingers crossed Smile

Thanks everyone Smile Still riding high from Sunday!

RabbitChaser

Awesome job on crushing your old PR! It sounds like it was a fun race. Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

Great RR and way to go on the PR!

[hijack]

Please, do join me in the sub-30 5K obsession.  It rocks.  I'm going for it this Saturday.  I did the course last Friday as part of a long run.  All flat or downhill except one short 5-10% grade hill at the two mile mark.  PR Gold!  I need to be 55 seconds faster than my "practice" race two weeks ago, so it's not a shoo-in, but I'm hopeful.

[/hijack]

I'm not generally one to get excited about celebrities, but Mark Remy would be a fun guy to meet.  Very cool.

Congrats on the big PR, Runbow... er.. Jess Wink

A snuggie as a warmup, haha that must have been fun and functional.  Great idea.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Congrats on your PR...that kicks @$$!  And that skirt is the bomb!!!

KLO

more miles = more beer

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

HOORAY FOR HILLS! Smile

Nice job and congrats on the PR!

Jess runs for bacon

Great RR and way to go on the PR!

[hijack]

Please, do join me in the sub-30 5K obsession.  It rocks.  I'm going for it this Saturday.  I did the course last Friday as part of a long run.  All flat or downhill except one short 5-10% grade hill at the two mile mark.  PR Gold!  I need to be 55 seconds faster than my "practice" race two weeks ago, so it's not a shoo-in, but I'm hopeful.

[/hijack]

I'm not generally one to get excited about celebrities, but Mark Remy would be a fun guy to meet.  Very cool.

Good luck!! I will be rooting for you!