Beginners and Beyond

Santa Anita Derby Day 5k RR with pics in living color. (Read 106 times)

Ball of Fury

Congratulations on the PR and running a very speedy 5K!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Nice job, very fast!

There is a race near me (5k/10k/10M) that starts at a harness racing track; the start of each race is one lap around the track, before veering off for the rest of the course through town. A friend did the 5k with his young son; after the lap around the track the son asked "are we done?"

Dave

MrNamtor

Jack you're fast and getting faster man!

You know even though i knew that your avatar wasn't you, somehow i always used to picture you as this grey haired kind of paunchy guy. But the first time i saw you in your gear i knew you were fast. You look fast as hell. You look like a jack rabbit, and i mean that in the best way.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Jack - awesome job! Can sub 20 be far off?!!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

In regards to my negative split, how does that mean I might have a bigger pr in the future?

Running that fast during the last mile of a 5k, means you can possibly run the first two miles faster.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks, you guys, you are too kind.

LRB: Thanks for the info. More importantly, did you see they had free beer after the race? Wink

Namtor: How do you know it's not really me? Thanks for saying I "look" fast and I know how you meant it. That is cool.