Tunes! (Read 82 times)

Hip Redux

My ipod has a lot of stuff from my favorite bands, notably:

Chevelle

Incubus

Tool

Radiohead

Muse

I like a lot of different stuff, but I suppose I'm most fond of alternative rock.

Loved Undertow and Aenima!  Then I sort of got away from listening to them, but there were days when literally the only thing I would listen to was Tool.

By the way, song #1 is a great start, I would only be afraid it would get me going out too fast. Another great Florence+the Machine song is Kiss With a Fist. Does not quite get the airplay because it is pretty disturbing, sort of a rockabilly ode to domestic violence.

Dave

Zelanie

Thanks for the recommendation!  I don't know that much about reggaeton mostly because I didn't know where to get started.  Other than Calle 13, but they insist they're not reggaeton anyway.  Smile

Daddy Yankee is my recommendation.  Anything by him.  That's what modern Puerto Rican music is.

Docket_Rocket

If you really want to go old school underground, Playero Street Mix and The Noise 6 are two albums I would recommemd, if you can find them.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I don't know that much about reggaeton mostly because I didn't know where to get started.  Other than Calle 13, but they insist they're not reggaeton anyway.  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I just listen to our local classic rock radio station when I run, and that's if I listen to anything at all. I usually prefer silence. But in the house, or the car, I like to listen to old (or new) Canadian rock bands. Recently, it's been a lot of Tragically Hip, I can't get enough of their new song At Transformation

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

No tunes on the run, but here are a few kicking around in my current rotation --

Niki & The Dove - Mother Protect (Goldroom Remix)

Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Garden

I really liked these two!  but what the heck is going on in the Garden video?  lol

But in the house, or the car, I like to listen to old (or new) Canadian rock bands. 

Barenaked Ladies? They are actually very big here in Detroit, I guess because we are on the border?

Please tell me you are not a Nickelback fan! Not that there's anything wrong with that...

My current favorite from the Great White North is Hot Hot Heat.

Dave

RSX

Do any of you know how to download iTunes from a desktop to an iTouch? I used to just drag and click until the software changed in December, which was so simple and fast. Their web site rots. My next step is to uninstall and try again unless I figure it out.

I really liked these two!  but what the heck is going on in the Garden video?  lol

ummm.... Long Slow Day? Tongue

Dr. Cornsitter

I see a noted lack of Lady Gaga and Britney Spears, Oski. Is that on your private mix?

I like to live on the edge. I am on Pandora or iheartradio all the time. And depending on my mood, I rotate between "Black Keys Radio", "Ray Charles Radio", "Journey Radio", and "Backstreet Boys Radio" (don't judge, I was a 12-year-old girl when they were popular). During Christmas, I ran exclusively to Christmas music.

Oddly, I don't run with music on my long runs. I see them as mental practice for race day. If I can run 1-2 hours without music on a random long run, I know I can make it through a race without it and be fine.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Hip Redux

I see a noted lack of Lady Gaga and Britney Spears, Oski. Is that on your private mix?

No, no.  My personal mix is mostly Color Me Bad and Boyz II Men.

Dr. Cornsitter

No, no.  My personal mix is mostly Color Me Bad and Boyz II Men.

I'm swooning!!!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I just listen to our local classic rock radio station when I run, and that's if I listen to anything at all. I usually prefer silence. But in the house, or the car, I like to listen to old (or new) Canadian rock bands. Recently, it's been a lot of Tragically Hip, I can't get enough of their new song At Transformation

I hope that The Tragically Hip aren't considered "new" Joking.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

happylily

I hope that The Tragically Hip aren't considered "new" Joking.

Hey. they're still going strong... just like this old broad. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010