Beginners and Beyond

Plank Challenge (Read 138 times)

LRB

Time to switch to forearm planks!

Why, are they harder?

Why, are they harder?

Well I don't know, but it would seem to circumvent the issue of your hands hurting.

Dave

workinprogress11

Excellent!  And now you have a place to help with accountability, just take care not to push too hard and be sure to...

uh-oh...

wait for it...

listen to your body.  lol

This made me laugh. Am I supposed to post daily?  Oops. Today was 45 seconds.

LRB

Am I supposed to post daily? 

Nah, it's just here to follow the calendar.

LRB

With some of you posting about your side planks, I decided to try it today with my arms extended.  One word for that; OOOF!  To say I was shakin' like bacon would be an understatement, I definitely need to work on those.

As it it is, 4:30 plank, and 30 seconds each for side planks.

Jess runs for bacon

I missed a few days but was able to hold for a minute today. Barely.

LRB

8:15 this morning before my run.

obiebyke

Another 60 seconds today. There is no way I'm making it to the end of this challenge... Shy

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

TheSuze

Why, are they harder?

Yep! Though the smart thing would just be to add the elbow (forearm) planks to your existing workout for variety.

Hey planksters, here's something we did in yoga this morning you can try.

Get into a regular arm plank. Keeping your back straight, move one arm at a time into forearm plank. Continuing to keep your back straight, move one arm at a time back into arm plank. Repeat until you are begging for the merciful hand of death to put you out of your misery. Or until you puke. Fun times.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, shoot....I've been doing it wrong all this time....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

workinprogress11

90 seconds about killed me last night. I'm so glad I get to rest today!  Kudos to those with much more powerful abs than mine.

LRB

Kudos to those with much more powerful abs than mine.

I do not know about more power, more fat yes!

I have not done a front plank since Monday, I will get back at it tomorrow.  I did side planks for 1 minute each side Thursday.

LRB

I have not done a front plank since Monday, I will get back at it tomorrow.

Right, tomorrow never came!  lol

This Monday it will be two weeks, maybe then.  Roll eyes

Right, tomorrow never came!  lol

This Monday it will be two weeks, maybe then.  Roll eyes

Try the ones I described above! You know you want to!

Dave