Beginners and Beyond

Lazy SaturDAILIES (Read 34 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Lazy indeed!  Took all I had to get through my speedwork today. Dead  And now after breakfast, coffee & a shower, I feel like I could lay down on the couch & not wake up til tomorrow morning.  (har har)

P.S. LOVE those friggin Andy Sanberg skits.  That one was hilarious!! Big grin

Randy

delicate flower

12.5 miles done at 8:43 pace on little sleep and little nutrition.  I ran the first three miles at 10K pace then blew up and struggled like hell the last half of the run.  Good times.

<3

LRB

What up doe!

FS, work on doing that on your hands instead of your elbows.  You may only be able to do if for a quarter of the amount of time, or half if you are lucky,  but you will get three times the stimulus.

Just a bunch of running around for me but no actual running.  I just popped the cork on a Cabernet called Dancing Bull, I don't know why the call it that but I am about to find out!

Hip Redux

I did nothing today but cook.   Tonight's dinner is braised short ribs in a curry coconut sauce.

LRB - I don't drink much wine anymore but if I do, I love a full bodied red like a Cab!

B-Plus

Lazy indeed.

I didn't feel much like running, but it ended up being a pretty good run. 8 @ 7:44 w/ 6 x 30 accelerations. Now time to clean up for dinner and then fireworks.

Docket_Rocket

I did 7 and hoped for a lazy night of sleep but Hershey had other plans!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This afternoon I went for a 6.7 mile bike ride with little butt-munch, now I am just hoping tomorrow isn't a crappy run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I don't drink much wine anymore but if I do, I love a full bodied red like a Cab!

Be still my beating heart!

I'm buzzin'.  8- P

Docket_Rocket

Me too, LRB, and I have an 18 miler tomorrow.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I'm buzzin'.  8- P

And  I'm making banana bread.  lol  Do I know how to rock it on a saturday night or what?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks LRB, I'll definitely try that style.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Sorry that I wasn't able to check in today.  I was at the WGC Bridgestone golf tournament all day.  I had wanted to get up at 4am to do my run, but it was pouring.  So, I went back to bed and then lucked out with a gorgeous day for the golf.  I ran as soon as I got home and got in 8.42 really pleasant miles.

Tomorrow's goal is 18.  The schedule wants them at 7:10 pace for all 18, but I'm debating doing 6-8 at MP (6:30-6:40) and the rest easy.  Unfortunately, I'll get a late start because I have to read at church first.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

And  I'm making banana bread.  lol  Do I know how to rock it on a saturday night or what?

You are definitely on a roll!

SIAR, is your easy pace 7:10?

Hi dailies:

Today somehow became a triple -  5.1 easy right after work, 3.1 at 5K pace a little later Wink, and then 3.3 recovery miles as a pit stop on the way home.

A glorious day for running -- low 70's, dry, breezy, partly cloudy.

B-Plus

You are definitely on a roll!

SIAR, is your easy pace 7:10?

If I had to guess, it's the famous 18 miles @ 10% slower than GMP. It's not that much different than my long runs, which are almost always suggested to be at a "moderate pace," which in my case it suggests 7:29 for a 6:52 GMP. 10% slower is 7:33, so that's about right on. Of course, I don't average 7:30 for the entire run, I take a few miles to work up to it and then I settle into 7:30ish for most of the run and then may hit low 7s for the last couple of runs if I'm feeling spry. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I decided to bail on the fireworks so I wouldn't feel as crappy tomorrow morning. I doubt sleeping early will make a difference though.