Beginners and Beyond

Welkin Wednesday Penguins (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, you should win the competition then, cuz all the teams from the Winston-Salem area will have scratchy throats from breathing in all the cigarette smoke that's there.  

Those are the basses of Sweet Adelines!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Me and a few co-workers lost power at work at 10:20.  So I took an early lunch and went to the gym and did my weight training circuit already.  Nice to work at a university and have such close proximity to a gym - and a boss who will let you have an extended lunch hour if you are working out or running. So i will just stay a little later today at work to make up the time.  It was a good workout, although I have not done my weights in about 2 weeks so my fat-body muscles are screaming in shock at me right now, lol.

That trail of yours sounds really nice Margo!  Is that near your house or your work area?

Probably a good thing to run with hubby tonite, Damaris, the way you feel today.   He can catch you if you get tired and start to fall.

Awood, how do you know if there will be a race on the road?  Good luck and safe travel.

Slushy-mess trails are no fun, Lauren - well, I guess they can be, but the wet feet is always annoying for me.  Glad your trail is now all mellow again.

Safe travel, HsM, and good luck with the competition!  Winston-Salem...isn't that where they burned all the witches?

Zelanie, I asked the dog's human if it was part Weimeraner and she said no.   I then asked Halley The Silver Lab the same question and she shook her head 'No'...but kinda winked at me too....so i dunno...

4:45, ugg, Jack, don't remind me...i will be facing those days come July and August here in Texas.    That is too late to ear dinner   Well, Jack, if you'd just eat your dinner instead of trying to listen to it.....or you have some very weird anatomy.... I can see you at breakfast..."Honey, i'm trying to eat breakfast and can't hear you now, I have a banana in my ear... "

Enjoy your beautiful day, Ginny!  lawd knows, you deserve a beautiful day after the winter you had!

I knew I should have fixed that!

Docket_Rocket

4:45pm is too late to eat dinner?  I eat at 9pm or later!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D: No, I was up at 4:45 this morning to do my run.  8:00 pm is too late (for me) to eat dinner. I am usually in bed by 10 so a late dinner does me no good.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

7.25 miles just under 10:00 for badass DW  

GinnyinPA

Six miles through town from DH's doctor to the ice cream shop where we met and enjoyed a strawberry cone together.  I found a nice little nature trail behind a retirement community that gave me 3/4 mile along the creek and through the trees.  I like running in town because it's flat and there's a lot of variety, but the traffic lights seem to be very very long.

Amazonian Princess

Happy Wednesday!

Allergies turned out to be a sinus infection so I took last weekend to sleep, drink lots of fluids, take antibiotics, and read awesome race reports   Tried to take a run last night but no energy in my legs, they didn't feel heavy so much as wobbly and uncoordinated. Maybe I just need to start back more slowly? Elliptical and bike tonight and will try running again tomorrow morning. Last time I got sick I eased back with a couple C25K workouts so I might try that again.

The doc recommended nasal rinses, too, up the nose and out the mouth since I have "cobblestoning" in the back of my throat. I had to watch a how-to video and gagged just seeing it  Still, I bought the supplies and will give it a go.

Have a great (rest of the) day!

I can. I will. I am. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Beautiful weather, and forgot my running shoes at home.  Guess I'll be well recovered from Oak Barrel for my next run.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Baconista - I've done the nasal rinse.  It works, but it gets gross.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

obiebyke

Hey all. Looks like everyone is thawing out, including me. I'm still checking in as disabled but restarted C25K at week 3 on Monday to get back to running while being careful about my runner's knee and impact on my (healed please?) stress injury. Day 2 today and it was awesome. It's 72 right now in Minnesota but there's still snow on the ground in places! Grateful to be back with you fools.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Amazonian Princess

Baconista - I've done the nasal rinse.  It works, but it gets gross.

Just need to pick up distilled water on the way home - any advice?

And hey, obie! Welcome back! Sorry to hear of your injury but glad you're easing back with C25K. I love me that program

I can. I will. I am. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Baconista - My only advice is to do it over a sink, or in the shower.  Like I said, it's gross but awesome.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost