Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday DAILIES (Read 60 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty nope. Acupuncture was this am. I'm feeling really good so my run tomorrow should be awesome. I've never recovered this well after a race. Guess all the zillion 20 milers and not racing it is why.

I'm pulling the trigger today to register for OBX today. It is in Nov. it will be my goal race. (Hear that hip?  You cannot screw up a few days before the next race, k?)

Marjorie

We shall see. I get in Thursday am. I know Thursday night I'm going out to my brothers up in Macomb. Friday I have a luncheon as I somehow keep being the nice person and getting karma points (taking dads fiancé to lunch). Sat is the wedding.

Let me see how my run goes tomorrow. I know I won't be able to keep up with LRB type paces!  .

Well I was sort of joking about the FE because I know what weekends visiting family are like. (And did not even realize there was a wedding. Ooh!) But anxious to see how your recovery goes, so I can try to keep up (as if)! How many marathons have you run anyway? (And what is OBX?)

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Yay.  Good luck!

Scotty nope. Acupuncture was this am. I'm feeling really good so my run tomorrow should be awesome. I've never recovered this well after a race. Guess all the zillion 20 milers and not racing it is why.

I'm pulling the trigger today to register for OBX today. It is in Nov. it will be my goal race. (Hear that hip?  You cannot screw up a few days before the next race, k?)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

4 miles done @ 9:50mm at lunch.  No rain, so hooray.  But Garmin funked out for a mile, so boo.

kristin10185, I'm glad that you enjoyed your run.

Phil, terrific ten. Very sweet of you to free up an evening per week for DW.

Brr, fantastic five.

Zelanie, I hope that your knee is OK.

jjs22, I hope that you calf is OK. Thank you for offering the cigarettes, but, fe various reasons, I don't smoke. (I'll appreciate a bottle of Black Bush.)

Ric-G, sweet seven this morning. Enjoy whatever you do tonight.

scottydawg, sweet sweaty hilly run 

DaveP MI, I'd still enter that, along with notes.

Oski, fantastic four.  I'm glad that you were able to take it outside.

While the kids were coloring, I dropped and did my pushups. I'm relieved that those are out of the way.

It seems that it won't rain here tomorrow, so, I'll be able to double, running both before work and with the run club after work.

Will run for scenery.

I get a sudden gunshot-like pain in my calf.  That sucks, jjs22.  Glad you can get it fixed!  Can it be fixed so you can prevent it from happening again?  Doesn't sound like much fun, having to deal with that all the time, and never knowing when it's going to pope up again.   Hope you can find the underlying cause and do something preventative.

It kept happening to me last spring (on either side) when I was just beginning to start running.  Eventually I found a good sports chiro (a competitive triathlete) who identified the prob.  There's nerve/artery bundle that passes through a tube smack in the middle of the calf muscle (I forget which one !)  It's supposed to be able to slip, but sometimes forms an adhesion.  Last year he treated both legs and I was good for a whole year.  My impression is that once the  adhesions are fully broken up the problem goes away.  I think yesterday's flareup means there was still a little bit of sticking left over.  I was very tight after Sunday's run, whereas I'm usually loose as a goose.  So it was kind of an acid test, I guess.

Anyway, I was able to squeeze in a chiro appointment  tomorrow.  Yay !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

I just signed up for the Disney Princess glass slipper challenge (half and 10k). I have never spent much much money on a race (I got the race retreat too, wished I had done it this year) or registered for something so far in advance, but wheeeee I am excited!

Will run for scenery.

While the kids were coloring, I dropped and did my pushups. I'm relieved that those are out of the way.

The kids ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

I just signed up for the Disney Princess glass slipper challenge (half and 10k). I have never spent much much money on a race (I got the race retreat too, wished I had done it this year) or registered for something so far in advance, but wheeeee I am excited!

I'm guessing you're gonna have to come up with a more Disney-y outfit than R2D2 for that one.

Dave

Jess runs for bacon

I'm guessing you're gonna have to come up with a more Disney-y outfit than R2D2 for that one.

Smile What to do, what to do... There are a ton of good costumes at this one, I gotta come up with something good.

LRB

LRB- What'cha got on tap for today's workout?

Two minutes at goal 5k pace w/ one minute recovery

One minute at goal 5k pace w/ thirty second recovery

Thirty seconds at goal 5k pace w/ 1:15 recovery

Repeated 4 times - 2.2 miles 6:15 average.

The intervals are brief, but it's an intense and effective workout.  The short duration of the intervals allow it to be incorporated into almost any run without the use of a track.  10k or half marathon pace can be substituted if one wanted to work on those paces as well.

MA, because it was so shitty for Mothers Day weekend, it is only fitting that we get the same weather for Fathers Day weekend.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  I ran 10.63 rather hilly miles today, and topped the run off with 8x10 second hill sprints.  At some point early this evening I need to add some cross training to my day in form of yard mowing - oh joy.  It's been really rainy lately and I'm behind on it..can't be slob in the neighborhood.

LRB...That's a good workout, but I hate doing those on the road.  I always feel like a fool just basically sprinting at random intervals.  I know you like to chase cars though, so you probably don't share my concern.

Marjorie...I love OBX...color me jealous!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Holy crap.  I just happened to open the Cheerleader thread to see what that was all about.  Now my eyes are burning.  Shocked  And this is why I don't hang around here so much these days.  Not at all entertaining, just mean, and gross.  I'm good with the dailies, I guess.

Anyway.  Stretched for 30 minutes, rolled for 5, then did this:

45 min cycle, warm up for 10 mins go level 3 HR 175-185 for 30 mins easy 5 mins

15 min elip. level 3 full out HR no higher then 190

And I'll stretch and roll again later.

YOU GUYS!!  I'm going to be on the treadmill on Thursday!!  I'm so excited.  First time running in too long.  Counting down til Thursday.  : )

Have a nice afternoon!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Holy crap.  I just happened to open the Cheerleader thread to see what that was all about.  Now my eyes are burning.  Shocked  And this is why I don't hang around here so much these days.  Not at all entertaining, just mean, and gross.  I'm good with the dailies, I guess.

Kristin: those things happen about once a month. And they are perpetuated by people who ordinarily never post on this forum. You can still hang around here and avoid them.

Dave

LRB

LRB...That's a good workout, but I hate doing those on the road.  I always feel like a fool just basically sprinting at random intervals.  I know you like to chase cars, tractors, rabbits, cats, birds and anything else that will play with you though, so you probably don't share my concern.

FYP!

Big grin