Beginners and Beyond

How to Post a Photo on R.A. (can we sticky this for a bit?) (Read 241 times)

Just B.S.

There are still a few folks,  and maybe in the next few weeks some new members to this forum, who are

having a hard time  figuring out how to post photos. I have helped out a few but maybe one of the admins

could sticky this for a while.

Go to tinypic.com (it's just an easy one to use and no account needed)

Upload photo

Right click on the "Direct Link For Layouts" URL

Come back to thread and click on the "tree" icon

Paste URL in the "Image URL" box

Hit "insert"  and voila!!!  A lovely photo of your legs, dog, butt, finish line photo or whatever you choose.

Just keep it clean folks!Big grin

xor

I would add one step.  Tinypic allows you to resize your pic.  No matter how large you think your picture is, set the Resize dropdown to either "website/email" or "message board" and your pictures will ALWAYS fit properly on the page layout here.

Now, that's all if you want to post a pic from your computer.

If you want to link an image that's already on the internet, you do not need to move it to tinypic.  You need the url for the image (the actual image itself, not the webpage containing the image).  Usually you can get this by right-clicking the image (ok, if you are on a mac, I can't help you, sorry) and View Image.  Take the url for the image and use it when you push the tree icon/button.

Sometimes cutting and pasting an image will work.  And sometimes it won't.

Docket_Rocket

I can put it on the terminology sticky!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I can put it on the terminology sticky!

Thanks!

And thanks SRL for the extra tutorial. I don't post my photos much of anywhere but here so

I was only thinking of it from that perspective.

Docket_Rocket

BTW, every time I read your name, I read it as Just Bull Shit.   Sorry!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

BTW, every time I read your name, I read it as Just Bull Shit.   Sorry!

Ummmm, well that's what it's intended to look like!LOL

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I have the pictures down (finally), but now I can't get my avatar to change. On the profile page where my avatar should be (where you change it) there is just the little box with the question mark in it. When I select a new one, it doesn't work. I suppose I am stuck with my socks, for now.

Just B.S.

I have the pictures down (finally), but now I can't get my avatar to change. On the profile page where my avatar should be (where you change it) there is just the little box with the question mark in it. When I select a new one, it doesn't work. I suppose I am stuck with my socks, for now.

You can do this in the Preferences Section as well, it's just easier.

xor

Every once in awhile, it seems my avatar gets stuck.  First off, make sure you are trying to change your avatar in forum preferences, not your profile pic.  Consider nuking it entirely by checking delete and then saving.  THEN go back in and try to load a new one.  Usually I don't have to do it this way, but sometimes I do.

Is it giving you any kind of error message when you try to upload a new one?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You can do this in the Preferences Section as well, it's just easier.

YES!! Thank you, and to you SRL!  (what happened to the doughnuts?)

xor

YES!! Thank you, and to you SRL!  (what happened to the doughnuts?)

John Belushi always gets replaced by Punchy (The Hawaiian Punch guy) when I'm in Hawai'i.  I never messed with it on RWOL because RWOL made everything, and I mean pretty much EVERYTHING, too hard.

Little known fact, between you and me.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Oh... nice! Thanks for sharing... I won't tell anyone!  Have a fun trip.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

An even easier way to do this is to just open the photo on facebook, then right click on it and "copy URL". Paste that into a new tab just to confirm that you've copied only the link to the photo. 

FYI - you can create facebook albums that only you can see, if you're trying to upload photos that are not already on facebook.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Mostly harmless

Has anyone ever told you that you look like a celebrity in this picture?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

An even easier way to do this is to just open the photo on facebook, then right click on it and "copy URL". Paste that into a new tab just to confirm that you've copied only the link to the photo. 

FYI - you can create facebook albums that only you can see, if you're trying to upload photos that are not already on facebook.

This is correct but I'm a little surprised that it works.  I thought that if you set the privacy settings on a picture in FB to "Only Me", that the photo would be hidden, but it turns out that it is only hidden from users on FB.  Just one more reason to distrust Facebook.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi