Beginners and Beyond

Boom, Boom, Boom FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Thursday: 3 miles walking. As I suspected I wasn't able to run though I did get in a lot more walking than I should inspecting the course for the New Albany Triathlon event and then walking downtown for the big firewalks celebration. Foot feels better but will give it another day to heal - apparently my cuneiform bone can't tolorate MAX dead lifts. Enjoy the holiday and safe travels if you're hitting the road. Run inspired!

Boom, Boom, Boom!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

LRB

Boom, boom, boom is right as my next door neighbor apparently had mortar shells from Afghanistan last night! 

I am up enjoying coffee and the quiet morning while surfing the 'net, my favorite time of day.  I will run in a couple of hours hoping it is still in the 50's when I do, as it is currently 53 degrees out there.

There were some heavy showers yesterday that brought a patch of cool air with it, we should be back to WTF humidity and temps in the next day or two.

B-Plus

Happy 4th friends south of the border!

8 miles coming up.

happylily

Happy 4th of July, my American friends! You never cease to inspire, provoke and entertain. You are creative and your country is vast and beautiful. Celebrate all of this today, it's your day and you rock!

Moth, what's wrong with your foot? I must have missed that. And what are firewalks?

Hi Rick and B-Plus! Enjoy the day, guys!

I have a paid day off today, all my clients are on vacation. On the schedule: 8 miles, progression style, 4 at recovery later. Corework: sit-ups and arms.

Have a great Independence Day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up and Happy 4th of July!

This morning I had 5 miles planned BUT it was so freaking gorgeous out and just amazing (compared to the last 2-3 weeks) that I decided Rocky and I would run 6 miles on the trails. Temperature was 59-61 degrees from 4 AM to 5 AM, humidity was 88% BUT the dew point was only like 56 or 58 so it felt great.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Ah! It's nice and cool out this morning. Friday is my usual day off from running. I still think it's more beneficial for my body to have a full day off than train for 5-6 more miles per week. But this cool weather is tempting.

Have to go to the hospital withh DW. She's getting tubes in her ears, minor operation, but she can't drive after that. The ear is the center of balance. Depending on how long this will take, I'll see if I work a full day after, that would make me finish later than usual, DS has a soccer game tonight...  so I might end up taking my friday off of running after all. Smile

MothAudio

Moth, what's wrong with your foot? I must have missed that. And what are firewalks?

Fireworks! I displaced the cuneiform bone in my foot doing MAX deadlifts. I'll be good a day or two.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

Fireworks! I displaced the cuneiform bone in my foot doing MAX deadlifts. I'll be good a day or two.

Aww! I thought firewalks was like a Tahitian sort of walking on fire that you like to do in Columbus. You just never knows nowadays. 

I hope your foot feels better soon. I'm super conscious of injuries like that when I go hiking, or I play outside. My DD's boyfriend broke his foot playing frisbee just recently.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Boom, Boom, Boom!

Out go the lights!

Happy America Day, people!  But more importantly, it is Friday and I don't have to work.  I do have WORK to do though, as I am heading to the track in a bit.  Need to get that workout in before the thunderstorms hit.  Will spend a good part of the day cleaning the hellhole that is our house.   Ok then.

<3

B-Plus

8 miles coming up.

Done in 54F.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 13 miles tonight, most likely part on the TM while watching the World Cup.  Pilates in an hour.

Moth, ouch.  Hope it feels better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning, Happy Independence Day!!

Boom is right, 180lbs this morning!  Smile  My weight has been doing that, hang out for a week or so and then bam, just drops 2-3lbs.  Good stuff.  Down 15 so far since my marathon.  Plan was 10 more, but with 19 weeks until Richmond I have a feeling that I'll surpass that goal.  I used to scoff at the notion that the ideal weight for someone who is 6' tall is 162lbs (depending on which formula you use, but most seem to say 160-164), but as I continue to drop weight, it doesn't seem that unreasonable.  What's really nice is that I've found a good groove where I can lose weight and still keep my energy up for training, that can be tough sometimes.

Drinking coffee, then I'll run.  Still have some nice wind left over from the hurricane, which luckily wasn't bad at all, just some heavy rain overnight, few showers still lingering, should be clear by noon.

Hope everyone has a fantastic and safe 4th!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Happy 4th everyone!

And happy 18th birthday to my daughter? Whaa - how did that happen??

Beautiful day today, nice and cool 53 degrees when I went out a little before 6AM, expected to get to mid-70's later this afternoon.

Felt great out there - 10 miles in new shoes. Planned on easy pace with some strides at the end (per the Perfesser LRB's recommendation). Easy pace has been ~9:00-9:10, but I ended up doing the first 6 in 8:30's, next 3 in 8:10's, then the last mile at 7:40 which included 5 x ~100m strides. Just one of those days where everything was feeling really good, they should all be like this.

Is it the shoes? Money, it's gotta be the shoes!! (Who remembers this guy?)

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Happy 4th of July!

10k done in 46:43. That's good for a course PR but off of my 10k PR. Weather was nice, 65 with a DP in the mid-50s. I'm ok with my performance, but I really wanted that sub 45. I was shooting for it until the half way mark. With my lack of 10k specific training there was no way I was going to get it today. Overall, I feel pretty good about it and it's a good fitness indicator going in to my HM training.

- Andrew

10k done in 46:43.

Nice job!

Dave