Beginners and Beyond

Hot Chocolate 5K (Read 61 times)

LRB

The weird thing is that when I run a 10K with intent (as opposed to running a couple of miles and then deciding I don't give a damn), my splits tend to be very even.  I don't know why, since I usually can't manage it in any other distance!  Actually, I do know why... it's probably because I hate them so much that I'm not running them as hard as I should.  Oops.

Actually women tend to be much more consistent in race pacing than men. That is my unscientific opinion of course. 

Just keep the idea in mind and should an opportunity to race one present itself 2 to 3 weeks before a 5k give it a shot...or not. 

bluerun

Super B****

Great job, Blue!  Congrats on the PR.    You don't look like a lunatic at all, but I am curious as to what's up with the big skirt(?).

Haha, love it.  My nose thinks it's a sub-elite when the temperature is below 40.

Religious thing.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Actually women tend to be much more consistent in race pacing than men. That is my unscientific opinion of course. 

Just keep the idea in mind and should an opportunity to race one present itself 2 to 3 weeks before a 5k give it a shot...or not. 

I was never in the norm there!!  Actually, I shouldn't say NEVER, but it was rare.

And yes, I can easily race a 10K two to three weeks prior a 5K in the latter half of the year.  Knowing me, because I'm an idiot, I'll probably do it. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

B-Plus

Congrats on the PR and achieving what you set out to do. Great splits.

Docket_Rocket

For some reason I missed this RR!  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

For some reason I missed this RR!  Congrats!

Good thing I'm catching up and bumping one per day.

LRB

lol - you have had some good ones!