Beginners and Beyond

Friday and feelin' great Penguins! (Read 39 times)

Bin Running

When I press it KILLS. The spot that hurts is only the size of a golf ball.  It worsens as I'm running and throbs bad when I'm done running. Then I ice And it becomes bearable ... until I run again.

Is it splints? Ive been running for 10 months.

Traci, I have this small ball of  "muscle" on my left inner shin.. I will normally use some muscle rub and sort of knit it.. It felt good after that but real painful during the process.. I think it is part of the splints..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sad sorry about the shin. Boo Sad

When I press it KILLS. The spot that hurts is only the size of a golf ball.  It worsens as I'm running and throbs bad when I'm done running. Then I ice And it becomes bearable ... until I run again.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

From the Internet.

Eek. That does not sound fun. If I have learned anything from this shin pain business it's that I am not a doctor and let them do the diagnosing, but I'd make sure the doctor orders an MRI or bone scan to rule out a stress fracture. They'll likely do an X-ray first but it won't show anything unless you have a healed sfx. My pain was oddly localized for shin splints but it didn't hurt while running, just afterward - yours may be splints, may be a stress reaction, may be a stress fracture.