Beginners and Beyond

Just when you thought you were safe from "Manpris".... (Read 589 times)

Meat Wagon

Puker

in fairness, the pants are ass ugly, but there is a lot going wrong with our friend....

Exactly. I don't even want to imagine how fat my thighs would look in those horizontal stripes.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

dog person

It seems like a logical next step after skinny jeans for men. 

Kristian

MrNamtor

"Male tights are so much more comfortable than skinny jeans," he (the meggings wearer) said. "I've always had good legs and it's nice to show them off all year round."

First of all is the idea that one has the choice of either wearing skinny jeans or man-tights. And that's a false dichotomy to say the least. I've never worn either, and never expect to wear either type of pants. Ever.

Second of course, is the mistaken idea that wearing these abominations will show your legs off. They won't. When a man is wearing man-tights, all anyone is going to see is the tights. Amiright folks?

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

"Male tights are so much more comfortable than skinny jeans," he (the meggings wearer) said. "I've always had good legs and it's nice to show them off all year round."

First of all is the idea that one has the choice of either wearing skinny jeans or man-tights. And that's a false dichotomy to say the least. I've never worn either, and never expect to wear either type of pants. Ever.

Second of course, is the mistaken idea that wearing these abominations will show your legs off. They won't. When a man is wearing man-tights, all anyone is going to see is the tights. Amiright folks?

I laughed at that quote too... there's no way I'm wearing skinny jeans.

Although while running/cycling... tights FTW.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Supersono99

WhOA, I may have wrecked my car driving past that atrocity. 

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

When is being a goddamn man going to be in style?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Trail Dog

I do admire them for taking these unconventional leaps in fashion. Much like when women started wearing pants in public - I imagine the reaction was similar.

MrNamtor

I do admire them for taking these unconventional leaps in fashion. Much like when women started wearing pants in public - I imagine the reaction was similar.

So in other words we're all just provincial cretins and pretty much the same as the people who didn't think that women should perspire or vote 100 years ago.

Wandering Wally

Tight lips  Yuck

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Ron Swanson - a man among men. Now pass the bacon!

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Dad on the run.

All I can say is wow... those are God awful. The only tights I will every wear is the ones I run in. period.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

happylily

For what it's worth, I really don't mind a man who dresses in a more metrosexual way and I wouldn't laugh, or even notice, if one walked in front of me (ok, maybe I'd notice the meggings, but only because they are new on the market). But, my own preference is for more traditional, meaning "manly" clothing on a man. I think that it's true for a majority of us. Women (not all, but most) will always be attracted to things that say "manly" and men will always prefer a more feminine approach in the way women dress (not saying that they prefer high-heels and no pants for women, but I think they like us looking more female than male and/or asexual). But maybe I'm wrong... Actually, come to think of it, I'm always wrong, in fact. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

I would be unable to wear those without being like a tremendous douchebag.  I mean, ever moreso than usual. 

<3

MrNamtor

I would be unable to wear those without being like a tremendous douchebag.  I mean, ever moreso than usual. 

Looks like we've identified another benchmark within the Meatwagon Duchebag Continuum. Slightly higher on the MDC than men who get manicures but lower than Ryan Seacrest.

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

The designer who came up with these is laughing it up.  These, in any other world are called athletic/workout gear.  Only a Metrosexual who never works out in the cold or who has never skied would know that. 

I also think some of you guys are just itching to wear them out on the street with a pair of dress shoes and a man bag.  They have Jack Bauer written all over them.