Beginners and Beyond

small milestone-weight (Read 205 times)

Shakedown Street

Today I weighed in at 199.89, post 9 mile run, so some of that is good ole H2O. When I started running/tracking weight back on May 1 I was 255.

Looking back at my logs, I was 209 on 9/23, 222 on 7/28 and 230 on 6/14, so most recently there were stalls....

Small victory...hopefully I can break 1:55 on my half next weekend!

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

xor

Welcome to sub200!

Yahoo!

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome! 

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Congrats!

btw: I noticed you had the Dallas HM this coming weekend.  Any goal times in mind?

GL, the crowd is going to be thick, very unlikely that we would see each other.

Sloooow.

Congratulations on making it to 199! Good luck on your upcoming half.

not lazy, just tired

Congratulations!

Not if it makes sense.

Shakedown Street

Congrats!

btw: I noticed you had the Dallas HM this coming weekend.  Any goal times in mind?

GL, the crowd is going to be thick, very unlikely that we would see each other.

Last HM was Allstate, cold ass bitch of a day that it was, had a 1:56:40

This will be the largest race I have done...15-18K was what I heard. I will need to see how the first mile or two goes, I would like 1:55 or better, and I think I can, but if the first 15 minutes are a mob...well, I get what I get.

I have a friend who is hoping to hit 1:22

thanks for the well wishes SRL, Di, Coralie and Lazy dog

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Even if you place yourself correctly, the first mile is quite thick.  However, in my experience when I was running with the 2 hr HM crowd, they seemed to be ok.

Though I am in for the full this year, I expect to be corralled with the 2 hr HM group.  I do intend to seed myself towards the front of that corral if possible, just to get a little breathing room.

runmomto3boys

Congratulations on weighing in under 200!  What an accomplishment!  I am so very happy for you.

Today I weighed in at 199.89, post 9 mile run, so some of that is good ole H2O. When I started running/tracking weight back on May 1 I was 255.

Looking back at my logs, I was 209 on 9/23, 222 on 7/28 and 230 on 6/14, so most recently there were stalls....

Small victory...hopefully I can break 1:55 on my half next weekend!

Congrats, that's huge, or small, or whatever. You get my point. I was hoping I could break 200 by the first of the year, but not gonna make it. Keep it up, and good luck on the race. We'll be looking for the RR. Willis
                      Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats!!

Keep up the hard work.

Running for TJ because he can't.

lagrandegazelle

congratulations! and good luck on your upcoming half!
                          Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

What a terrific milestone, congratulations!!

Shakedown Street

Even if you place yourself correctly, the first mile is quite thick.  However, in my experience when I was running with the 2 hr HM crowd, they seemed to be ok.

Though I am in for the full this year, I expect to be corralled with the 2 hr HM group.  I do intend to seed myself towards the front of that corral if possible, just to get a little breathing room.

Nice Avatar...I love Henry!

I assume I will be in Corral C, in the email they said there are only 3 corrals. It will be an experience regardless. Honestly, even if the first couple miles suck, I can still work on my pacing for the next 11. So even if I don't top my PR, it will be a great experience. Now, if I could have crappy 1st and 2nd miles and still PR, well, I would take that too. Last two halfs I did not find my warm fuzzy place until around mile 6.

You doing RnR Dallas?

Runmom, grub, robert, gazelle & Doc....thanks very much. I was thinking during my run today how supportive everyone has been on the forum. It is great to read everyones success and minor steps....you guys have helped me a ton!

Dinner tonight....celebration....yum! Veggie Lasagna and fried chicken. EvilBig grin

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Henry!
                                Can't believe he is over 50, of course I also find it difficult to believe I am over 40. 

No RnR Dallas for me.  I will end up dropping back to focus on some shorter race training. Then work with my DW (currently getting over injury, had to drop out of Dallas Marathon) to get to a healthy HM sometime in April (Big D probably). After that the plan is to start training for the Dallas Marathon in 2013, since it will be my second she should feel no pressure from me to go faster.

Though, I did tell her my long term goal is to run the MCM and BQ. So sometime between Dec. 2013 and when I die I will be pushing speed and endurance a lot.

Unlike Hipfan, I am not gifted with the badassedness to BQ on my marathon debut.