Beginners and Beyond

Families with young children who travel - want to help with my homework? (Read 81 times)

slowrunningjulie

I would consider buying a bag that I could check or fit in the overhead with the 2yo or 5yo inside.

We have a winner!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Hip Redux

I would consider buying a bag that I could check or fit in the overhead with the 2yo or 5yo inside.

We have a winner!

LOL

Some of our early brainstorming session thoughts:

Rolling bag that has kid “leashes”

Drone to take your luggage from your house

Wheel bag that converts to a stroller

Stroller that can carry luggage

In airport babysitting service

On plane babysitting service

slowrunningjulie

Wheel bag that converts to a stroller

Stroller that can carry luggage

These two are fantastic ideas. I would also add "plane friendly carseat." If you have a small child you have to bring a carseat for use when you get to your destination. It is a great idea to strap the carseat into the plane seat (and as I understand it, also safer), but I tried it once and it was a gigantic PITA.  I also used to have a thingy that I could attach to my kids' carseat that allowed me to roll it like a wheely suitcase. I paid way too much for it and loved it. It was a lifesaver once when I was traveling with my daughter and my flight got canceled and I had to get on a new one. I wheeled her in the line in her carseat.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Hip Redux

We found these online when we were looking into the stroller/luggage combo!

And of course, this.  lol

Nata2011

About once a year, my son is 10 now.

I took him on transatlantic flights twice before he turned 4 (I was in school and could take longer vacations) - no longer able to do that, work does not let me out for more than 1 week at a time, not worth $4,000 in air between 3 of us