Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

6.7 easy in the heat. Two weeks ago it snowed and today it was 95. Welcome to Spring in Minnesota.

Rondog65

Hello all,

Perfect title for today's post as today is truly a terrific day.  Scheduled to go to the State House in Boston for my DD to receive an award and she was given a beautiful recognition by our local State Rep, whom we are friendly with.  Arrived in Boston early, no traffic issues.  Walked around the common, down to Copley to see the memorial and the finish line.  On the way home had a wonderful lunch with DW, DD and her teacher, life is good.

Late afternoon run was  excellent, 4.6 miles at a strong pace that felt very good.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I only did 3.25 and weights but the 3 were with hubby, so I call the day a success.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

All in all it was pretty interesting and I am glad I went.  I have always been willing to view things from other perspectives or see things from someone else's point of view, which is why I was friends with the jocks, nerds, and outcasts in school, and still am with different types of people to this day.  Not everyone does the same thing the same way but that is not necessarily bad, it also helps when you do not pre-judge people.

Good stuff, Rick.

18.2 to make up for my weather-induced sloth on Sunday.  It took a few miles to shake off the work day, but felt fast after that.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Tuesdailies.

Or should I say good night!

Heading to bed in a few, but I thought I'd drop in and say 'hi'.

SRD for me today - I taught the morning 4 hour class. It was a bigger class, and a tougher subject, I had a helper, which was very much appreciated. It went smoothly, though there were a few slides in the PPT presentation where I wasn't sure where the original instructor was trying to go. But we muddled through, and everybody passed.

Tomorrow will be a medium run. Should be nice out again, so another 5-7 miles are on tap.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Six mile tempo run done at on 8:03 pace in my new Kinarva 3s ($60 on clearance). They felt pretty good. Not that I would know, but they felt like racing flats (at least how I think they would feel).