Beginners and Beyond

OK, this is sad....and will make all guys WINCE (nrr) (Read 118 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OK, this is a very sad story....and will make all guys WINCE, I am sure.  This happened at Fort Sam Houston and was reported on our local news this morning.  The FBI got involved because it occurred on a govt installation.   Poor kid....and what a crazy mother!

http://www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/ouch-mom-accused-of-ripping-open-11765622/

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I will not say what I am thinking, because what I am thinking should be done to the mother isn't nice at all.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

What the hell? The woman has mental problems. I imagine it will be difficult for that boy to ever forgive his mother. And superglue? Good Lord!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope she gets 10 years, and she's lucky the father didn't do more than just take his son to the hospital.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

Oh and I hurt there just thinking about it and I don't even have a there...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

WTF!

What the hell is wrong with people...

It happens in the animal world but for different reasons... ie: male squirrels will neuter their male offspring or other males when the population gets too high.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well......... I'd hate to be a male squirrel.

WTF!

What the hell is wrong with people...

It happens in the animal world but for different reasons... ie: male squirrels will neuter their male offspring or other males when the population gets too high.

PRs

Love the Half

There are some things I can understand without condoning them.  I can understand how a parent can get mad and yell at their child when they shouldn't.  I have done it myself on a few occasions.  I was abused as a child and I swore I would never hit my children unless I felt it was necessary to prevent them from getting seriously injured or killed and so far I haven't hit either of them.  But  I have been sorely tempted a time or two so, without condoning the violence, I can understand a parent hitting a child.  We have too much knowledge these days to understand it but before there was such a thing as "shaken baby syndrome" I can understand a parent becoming frustrated with an infant and shaking it.  (To appreciate this, you need to have a colicky (sp?) child keep you up an entire night when you have an important presentation to make at work the next day.  Better yet, you need the child to do it 3 or 4 days in a row so that you're getting less than 3 hours of sleep a night.  Been there, done that).

I suppose I can understand a parent reaching out and grabbing a child and accidentally grabbing the wrong thing.  I think we have all seen a parent grab and jerk a child.  I don't condone it but I understand it.

What I can't understand is not seeking medical treatment for the child.  Being an adult means accepting responsibility for your own fuck ups.  Maybe it's just the 30 years of military in me but when you fuck up, you need to admit it, accept responsibility for it, deal with the consequences, and go on.  Her initial actions, while not appropriate, might at least be understandable.  Her actions afterward are completely inexcusable.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Well said, LTH.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My son had colic for a month straight, every night from 11 p.m to 2-3 a.m and I never once felt the need to shake him or do any harm to him. I just sat on the couch, held him while patting his lower back or butt and sometimes even cried myself as I felt so helpless not being able to make him feel better. There are times at work that I have a short-fuse and yell at him out of frustration, but never have I thought or considered hitting him or touching him aggressively. Smacking his butt when he's trying to grab his poopy diaper, yes and it is just one smack and he stops (I've had to do it twice in the last 2 months). I understand having thoughts, sometimes even very awful thoughts in one's head out of frustration but I cannot comprehend acting them out.

PRs

Being an adult means accepting responsibility for your own fuck ups.

This.  There are plenty of grown people who are not adults.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I will not say what I am thinking, because what I am thinking should be done to the mother isn't nice at all.

Leave the mother to me.........I will take care of her...........

Randy