Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins are clearly sleeping in!! (Read 28 times)

From the Internet.

D - agree with everyone else, that's got to be disappointing but better to DNF now than to push through and come down with a worse injury.

3.7ish for me this morning. It was dark and cold, not ready for this kind of weather!

Bin Running

Damaris, sorry bat the DNF.

Now, I realised that it's difficult to find time to run. Haa

Managed to run 6.5 easy after dinner.

DD visit to PD didn't go so well. She has jaundice. We chose to rent the photo-therapy bed over admitting her. Finger crossed. Everyone is sick. DS fever still come and go. DW has a little fever and also coughing. I'm still coughing.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Bin, sorry that everyone is sick, get them well.

Philliefan33

Hi everyone!  I'm reading, but no time to comment today.

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I'm sorry about the DNF.  I hope it is feeling better today.  Is this a new problem or recurrence of an old one?

Amazonian Princess

G'morning!

Wish I could sleep in but I can't complain since I had so many days off already for being sick. Unofficial diagnosis was sinusitis and bronchitis (I work for an HMO and while I didn't see my doc specifically, I see lots of docs with opinions) but I'm feeling better and "wogged" twice in the past few days. Since I have no idea what I can do without inducing a coughing fit, I figured I'd start easy so I did a couple C25K sessions (W4R3 and W6R2) and felt so good that I kept going another half mile last night Big grin

Docket - can I ask what happens when you DNF? I did a 5k at a county park known for mountain lions and there was a big notice that if you decided not to finish you would still have to check back in or they'd start a search effort and bill the racer. It sounded kind of exteme but I don't have any comparison.

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Baconista, yours might have been extreme because they might need to know if there was anyone lost in the woods.  But for most races, nobody cares if you just quit, I guess.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

URD for us.  Went to health club instead.  That's 2 days in row, so we should be ready for a LR tomorrow.  Almost felt like I ran yesterday after watching all the CM runners.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had off today. Had my 4 year anniversary dinner with my BF last night, slept in today, managed a 2 mile recovery jog, now back to NY after a great weekend! Willget a RR up when I get home tonight.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Baconista, yours might have been extreme because they might need to know if there was anyone lost in the woods.  But for most races, nobody cares if you just quit, I guess.

I cared....missed the FE  !!!

Dad on the run.

Hey all! Last day off for me so I took my DD to the movies and we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. Pretty cute movie, afterwards we met DW for lunch then came home.

I was suppose to run 7 this weekend but I was lazy and just stayed in. I'm heading out for 6 when the wife gets home.

Also, stepped on the scales this morning and really did not like what I saw! Holy crap its so easy to gain weight. Looks like its back to dieting until I get back down to my desired weight. 210 was my "max" weight and I was 212 this morning. Completely unacceptable.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

No holiday for me, but I did run today, so it's ok. Smile

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dad on the run.

3.5 miles in. First 3 with wife. Last .5 was the run back home. Managed holding a 6:51 m/m pace that .5, I think I could run a sub 7 min mile after doing that tonight. If tomorrow night is as beautiful as tonight was I might just give it a try!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.