Beginners and Beyond

Modern Technology ThursDAILIES (Read 69 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nice kicks! I only wear Mizuno too. Rider/Precision/Musha/Ronin. #brilliant runs await you in those.

Morning, Happy Valentine's Day!

Gym this morning. Was worried about running outside when it snowed overnight, but turns out the roads seemed just fine. Oh well. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 2 miles on the dreadmill (I hate that thing! but I'm happy to be running again, period.)

A few of youasked to see my new shoes. Both Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s. The grey, seafoam and purple ones I got 2 weeks ago, the blue ones came Tuesday night!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gustav, enjoy your new shoes. I'm looking forward to reading about how they worked.

flarunner, bravo doing a tempo run in the rain.

Luke, have a refreshing two-miler.

DaveP MI, I hope that you manage a lunchtime run.

SUSchnauzer, it's great to see you here. My condolencesSad

Shirfan, have fun with whatever you do.

lilac_jive, awesome!

Heidi, have a great recovery run.

Tom, I hope you make it outdoors today.

kristin10185, amazing workouts.

Weights, push-ups, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer are done.

Robert31320

Team TJ

5.1 miles done this morning. All is right in my world again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! SRD. I think I found the culprit of my hip/groin pain. I rolled after my run last night and found a REALLY tight spot/knot on my quad. It hurt so much that I could only roll it for about 30 seconds. I rolled it again this morning. I think it's pulling on a muscle in my inner hip. It's definitely getting better, I think a combination of the massage yesterday and the rolling.

I took that pic of lilac. Big grin We had a ton of fun. The martini was sooooo good. I need to find a recipe.

Schnauzer, I'm so sorry for your loss.

BruceD555

Mornin' all. I'm feeling real sluggish this morning. For some reason I woke up at 1 AM and didn't fall back asleep until almost 4 (the time I usually wake up for the day) Needless to say ... getting up at 6:15 has thrown my morning planned recovery 6 right out the window. I'll try to get it in this afternoon at the TM @ work but we'll see how things go. (Left ankle feels a bit wonky this morning - probably from walking funny from the broken toe)

Tonight, our DS (middle child) has his HS play "Ozma of Oz" and DW & I will go see his performance.

Train smart ... race smarter.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Schnauzer so sorry to hear about your dad Sad

Lilac I looooove the tutu!

justBS- Awww beautiful roses!

jedi- I sure hope these new shoes give me many brilliant runs!

My Valentine's Day isn't til Saturday....lol....I'm in a long distance relationship so we always have to "move" holidays to weekends. Going down to see my boyfriend (3.5 hours away) aftwr work tomorrow, and we have nice dinner reservations for Saturday.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Supp Clique!

6 easy miles on the belt.

Kisses from Beth?  I have already won!

Good morning.....recovery miles on tap for me today.

@runjerseygirl

Supposed to do cross today, but the spin instructor is out, and I am having lunch with a colleague.  So planned URD.  If that makes sense.  Threw in some crunches, bicycle kicks and planks this morning before my shower, just for good measure.  3 sets.

And since I haven't gotten anything for Valentine's Day in the last 12 years, I will stick with my lover who has always been there for me:

Do you even run?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I made it before the 3rd page!!

Morning ya'll, hope everyone has a good day and Happy Valentine's Day.

Last night actually went better than Monday, I ended up doing 7 miles with a pace of 9:56, though the first 2 miles were around 11 min/mile.

It looks like I will be going for another good walk, around 4 miles. Since either my Cardio trainer app or phone acted up Tuesday, I will also use my Garmin just in case. After last night's run, I could flex my stomach and see my 6 pack!!!!! Oh if only it would start showing through, but I think I might have to really discipline myself on eating, and I might start burning fat once I reach 25-30 mpw.

Toodle loo.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I am late but I had to drive to Broward to pick my ID, which I had left there by accident, and then drive back home to w ork from here.  Long trip indeed!

I have 8 miles planned but the thunderstorms arrived and won't leave until tomorrow night, so we'll see.

LRB, I love those pictures.  LOL.

lilac, you look gorgeous with that tutu.

Beth, woohoo, girls weekend AND a race!  Nice flowers.

To all, have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

kristin, I love Mizunos and used to love the Inspires but now I run in neutral shoes so I had to let them go.  But they are lovely to run in and cute too.  Enjoy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Good morning and happy v-day!  Last night's MLR at the track went great!  I apparently ran 9 @ 9:21, faster than what I'm supposed to be running but it felt great.  One of the coaches that was there even said my form had improved since the last time I'd been there and that I looked much more upright and comfortable.  I felt so good at the end of 8 that I ran the last one at tempo just so I could feel like I'd gotten a workout in.

Tonight I will fun 5ish easy with the running club and then bring DH his favorite chocolates. Smile  Hope everyone has a great day!

Just B.S.

Beth, woohoo, girls weekend AND a race!  Nice flowers.

Thanks DR. Actually it's an entire week, Thursday-Wed. No sense flying 1700 miles both ways to Disney for

just a weekend!Smile Hubby is perfectly capable of cooking for himself but I feel the need to make some stuff

and freeze it for him, since he will be home in the cold and I will be in Florida for a week.

I'm getting a chocolate cake in the oven for him right now. I'm pretty sure he deserves his favorite dessert today!

LILAC, adorable tutu!! I'm not posting photos of the 3 matching costumes I made until after the race. Don't want any

other Canadian runners nabbing my ideas!LOL

RUNMOM, enjoy your  "easy" 8!

TOM, enjoy your run.

KRISTIN, pretty shoes!

JEDI, love your hashtag!LOL

ROBERT, glad things are good!

APRIL, always good to find the source of the problem, keep rolling!

BRUCE, enjoy the show! I miss that kind of stuff now that our kids are grown. Makes you so darn proud

of them!

KRISTIN10185, enjoy your belated Valentine this weekend, sounds like fun.

LRB, more smooches.

FUZZY, have a good run

Kay, enjoy your lunch!

FREESOUL, nice run!

D.R., hope you can run in between raindrops.

ZELANIE,  great workout last night!

OK, off to do the cake and then the run!

Chairman

9 easy on very icy roads

Not a great morning, but so far I am having a much better day than Oscar Pistorius' poor lady friend.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey