Beginners and Beyond

Everyone's Happy When FRIDAILIES Walk By (Read 37 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I'll join you all in a drink. My BIL left a bottle of gin here at Christmas time, and though I'm not a tonic fan, it goes just fine with 7-Up or Sierra Mist.

The visitation tonight was tough, but I'm so proud of DS. When he saw his friends, he told them he was sorry, and even expressed his sympathies to their dad. He stayed calm, was super polite, and on our way out, he expressed what I think a lot of us were feeling:
    "How can this happen, Mom? It's 2014. We have all this modern technology, and professional doctors and nurses. How can she still die?"

Hug your kids tight tonight, and your spouse/SO.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Have a glass of wine.  I just had a martini.  Salud!

Speaking of that, look what I was gifted yesterday!

When I do finally fall off the wagon, it will be right into that bottle of deliciousness!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Hug your kid, your spouse, your significant other, your mother, your sister, your brother.

I'm very sorry to hear about your neighbor - that is just very sad.  As a good neighbor and friend, I know that you'll do what you can to help the kids, but it is something that is very hard for them to understand.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

Tom, I find that after giving blood, the same amount of effort as usual results in a slower pace for about a week.  Then I feel back to normal.

Shari- Good for your son for doing such a great job.

Docket_Rocket

Having a beer or two myself. My sick friend is doing better this evening. I'd like to think it was my 3.5 mile run with the orange wrist band, but I think it was the superb work by a team of medical professionals.

Good news!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I'll join you all in a drink. My BIL left a bottle of gin here at Christmas time, and though I'm not a tonic fan, it goes just fine with 7-Up or Sierra Mist.

The visitation tonight was tough, but I'm so proud of DS. When he saw his friends, he told them he was sorry, and even expressed his sympathies to their dad. He stayed calm, was super polite, and on our way out, he expressed what I think a lot of us were feeling:
              "How can this happen, Mom? It's 2014. We have all this modern technology, and professional doctors and nurses. How can she still die?"

So sad.  Unfortunately, cancer still sucks!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am so sorry Shari that is so sad!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to