Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins On The Run (Read 17 times)

tracilynn

LOL

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Scotty - Don't know about the "Too Cold to Hold" but the DRC put's on a lot of races, bit it's also Super Bowl weekend.

sapf- It varies but usually some type of warmup 30 min. and then some type of speed work and coll down. Last week warmup was walk for 5 min, jog 1.5 then a time trial 1600m. I'm far from speedy and usually last but a good workout still. There's usually 5-10 people and the coach.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Are you serious?  I need to remember not to open the race report thread on that one!

No photos allowed at those races, so you're safe.  Of course, you will always have the photo in your brain after you do one.  Bring your hubby too, let him live the adventure, I bet he'd turn into a runner for one of these. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No photos allowed at those races, so you're safe.  Of course, you will always have the photo in your brain after you do one.  Bring your hubby too, let him live the adventure, I bet he'd turn into a runner for one of these. 

Scotty, didn't you post some pictures of you and Gail, a few months ago.  Brilliant must have missed them.  They were..ummm...interesting !!!

Brilliant

Scotty, didn't you post some pictures of you and Gail, a few months ago.  Brilliant must have missed them.  They were..ummm...interesting !!!

Now that you mention it, I'm conjuring up some vague suppressed memories.

GinnyinPA

PAD- have fun with your group run.  My one attempt at group speedwork was a disaster.  I was so slow I pushed to keep up and then was sore for more than a week.

D - I hope you have fun at the gym?

Lauren - I hope your legs feel better.  Good luck with the sick kid.

Scotty - your unstructured training works well for you.  I don't follow a plan, but I have goals, so I go back and forth between not wanting to push myself unnecessarily and wanting to get closer to achieving my goals.   Mostly I just continue to try to run more without getting hurt.  Hope your run went well.

Jerry - hope your legs feel better. Maybe an easy walk?

Z - if your legs aren't hurting, why not run a few easy miles?

sapf - Is your husband hoping to do a race in the near future?  Or are you just trying to keep him healthy?

Jack - I'm glad your legs are doing well enough to run again.  Are you thinking about a winter race?

Brilliant - good job on the early four

Tracilynn - sorry your foot is still hurting.  Have you tried a splint yet?  Hope you had a good run today. Have fun at the FE this weekend.

AFM:  Ran an easy five at the county park and in the neighborhood beyond while Jim walked the dog.  Finished just before the rain arrived.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Now that you mention it, I'm conjuring up some vague suppressed memories.

Best to keep them suppressed, B.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

My husband is doing the 5 mile race with me on Sunday.  I think he's run a sum total of under 10 times since May.  It should be an interesting race for him =)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)