Beginners and Beyond

Goal race-FAIL. Baton Rouge Beach HM (Read 408 times)

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Ugh, I know how you were feeling, Misty. But you still finished with a great time for a first half and you should be encouraged by that.

In transit, arriving on time. 

runmomto3boys

Man, Misty, you dug deep to finish that race in the time that you did despite the nausea/throwing up and all around miserable state you were in. I am in awe that you finished with such a great time and not much off your goal when all is said and done considering how sick you were.  I didn't know that nugget about the girl you had met earlier who helped you through that last mile. That was super cool.  With respect to the end of your training, I know how sick you were when you were hospitalized.  That was some serious business and really knocked you out for awhile (doctor's orders, even).  The fact that you rallied as best as you could and weren't quite 100%, yet you went out shooting for your goal time anyway speaks volumes.  I know you are more then capable of running sub-1:50 and I am certain you will do so next time around.  In the meantime, I'm proud of you for finishing the race and getting all that sweet chicken swag: worth it!!! 

What a tough lady you are!  I want to run a race and get a chicken medal....we have chickens and I think it would help me bond with them more!

Way to push through, Misty.  Galloway has nothing on you.  Run/walk?  Try sprint/puke!  Don't be so tough on yourself.  You did the best you could under the circumstances, and got a great time!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Aw, that sucks that you weren't feeling well, but big props on toughing it out.

Love the chicken medal!

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Misty - the circumstances of the half totally sucked but man you should be so proud for how you gutted it out!  Seriously , you are one tough cookie.   And your horrible race is still about half an hour faster than my awesome race, so there's that. Smile 

And if you keep us abreast of your journey, we can cheer you on as you wing your way to a bBQ ,   You seem to be a drumstickler for details so I have no doubt that when you are feeling less fried, you'll rock it! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

You were feeling awful and still running 2-3 minutes faster per mile than I can on my best day! Congrats on pulling through to the finish. Not every race can be a PR and not every race can go perfectly but you had a lot of heart to keep going and you finished and got your medal! Congrats!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ugh.  Sinus drainage makes me get nauseated too.  I am sorry your goal race didn't go the way you wanted, but I do like the medal.  Smile  I hope next time goes way better for you!

Shakedown Street

And if you keep us abreast of your journey, we can cheer you on as you wing your way to a bBQ ,   You seem to be a drumstickler for details so I have no doubt that when you are feeling less fried, you'll rock it! 

Big grin

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Misty

Misty - the circumstances of the half totally sucked but man you should be so proud for how you gutted it out!  Seriously , you are one tough cookie.   And your horrible race is still about half an hour faster than my awesome race, so there's that. Smile 

This made me laugh. So. Hard.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Sorry to hear about the rough time. I had one of those races a few weeks ago and I'm just digging out of it now. All the best to you; you did a great job.

Jane

Woot, Michigan folks are awesome that is all.  Sorry the race didn't work so well.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Misty,

Even though you are disappointed that you did not hit your goal time, your determination shined through the RR.  Barfing left and right, and still finish within 6 minutes of goal time is a mighty fine accomplishment.  You will rock your next race!

BTW, was Les Miles there at the finish line chewing on grass and handing out chicken medals?

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Wow, you really toughed that one out. That sickness you had really took a lot out of you. You get an A++ for perseverance.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Luke79

You ran a good HM.  Your time wasn't quite what you wanted, but that will come in the near future when your health cooperates.  You're a badass runner...I mean, you puked and still went hard.  That's badass.  Grats.